Need a few honest opinion's please.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which would you pick?

• Bushmaster M4A3 Patroleman's Carbine

Votes: 5 20.0%
    • Rock River Arms Tactical Entry

Votes: 12 48.0%
    • DPMS Panther Lite

Votes: 1 4.0%
    • Other...please explain below.

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I got my RRA entry tac from Legal Transfers, I believe it was right around 900 but I subbed out the "tactical carry handle" for an ARMS 40L flip rear sight, and I changed the barrel from the standard heavy under the handguards to the lightweight under the handguards.

I did a ton of price comparing, and for 900 with the 2stage trigger (which is about 150 to add on later), 40L, and the great hogue grip (yeah they arent expensive to add, but they are NICE), the RRA was the best value out there in a complete gun.

In my studies, I've found building only saves if you are making a bare bones base model rifle or if you are going for top of the line everything, you save by not paying for factory parts first.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    I talked to somebody at Legal Transfers (AR15sales) about a RRA Entry Tactical, gave me a good price w/ some good options. I'm waiting for Bill at Bullet and Blade to get back to me on a price from him, as I would prefer to help out a site spronsor if i could.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    Well...i'm just gonna build one, or at least piece one together from a complete upper and lower.

Any opinions on the Stag Model 2 upper?

Last edited:

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Well...i'm just gonna build one, or at least piece one together from a complete upper and lower.

Any opinions on the Stag Model 2 upper?
    I love my Stag Model 2. I've only had it about 2 months now, but I've been shooting it almost every week out at my uncles land. I've got about 1k through it, and have not had a single hiccup. So far its eaten Federal XM193, Prvi Partizan, and Wolf. It's a pleasure to shoot, I love it...

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    so far...the lowest price i can find online for a complete Stag Arms Model 2 Upper is about $500. I gathering that this is a bit much, but I may be wrong. I am definitely utilizing the 2-stage match trigger from RRA, but probably in a Stag lower...as long as it's forged a lower is a lower is a lower.

bryan0928

SRA
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Hammond
    $775.00

For a CMMG, which in my opinion is much better than any of the rifles you mentioned. Go to their website and check 'em out. Go to google and type in "CMMG." Nvermind, here you go: http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/?shop=1

Buy the upper and have it shipped to your door, buy the lower and have it shipped to your FFL and Voila' you have a complete, badass rifle for under $800.00...well, if you include shipping and dealer transfer, It comes to about $820.00.

CMMG has so many options to choose from, that you can really get the rifle EXACTLY how you want it from the factory.

You buy the upper and lower separately to save a pretty fair amount of money on a federal excise tax. That's where the low price comes from, as well as buying online instead of a gun store or gun show.

Really, don't go with your poll options, take your time and find a company that's in your price range, but has excellent quality control and an even better product.

If your going low cost: CMMG
    If money not's an option: Noveske/LMT/Colt (I would rather the Noveske myself over the other two)

ETA: I have owned Bushmaster rifles before, but not DPMS or RRA. I currently have 6 CMMG uppers, all sitting on top of DPMS lowers and love them. Just find the cheapest lower you can, non of them are really different. It's the uppers you have to shop around for, that's what'll make or break a rifle.

Also, the best advice you can have is to go to AR15.com and become a team member, then go through the archives for information. You can get hundreds of opinions on something as small as a spring type. Hell, you could type in, "Bushmaster v CMMG" for example, and get 100 previous threads on that exact subject.

Last edited:

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    well guys...bought a RRA Entry Tactical complete upper from a buddy who's going a different direction w/ his AR. Bought the lower from a friends shop..all in all a complete RRA Entry Tactical rifle for less than $800.

The Black Rifle w/ some of the brothers...

IMG_0195.jpg

Chrome Lined, 1/9 twist, Match Trigger, upgraded internals.

The carry handle is gonna go as soon as the eotech gets here, also got some Pmags on the way.

bryan0928

SRA
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Hammond
    *Other*
    AK-47, made by anyone, even 11yr old Pakistani girls, because it is a superior fighting rifle.

:D

Oh, here we go again.:rofl:

Question, if the AKs so superior, why does no modern Western nation use them?:mamoru:

Not to get off topic, but AKs have no place in the 21st century...unless it's in a third world country.

Before you assume anything, I own 4 of them myself.:D

I'm calling you out constitutionlover, defend your rifle of choice!

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    something i learned a little while ago...if a guy walks out in the street firing full auto w/ an Ak, the safest move is to stay put.

bryan0928

SRA
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Hammond
    well guys...bought a RRA Entry Tactical complete upper from a buddy who's going a different direction w/ his AR. Bought the lower from a friends shop..all in all a complete RRA Entry Tactical rifle for less than $800.

The Black Rifle w/ some of the brothers...

IMG_0195.jpg

Chrome Lined, 1/9 twist, Match Trigger, upgraded internals.

The carry handle is gonna go as soon as the eotech gets here, also got some Pmags on the way.

Congratulations, nice carbine. Did you get any ammo and mags w/ it?

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    havent bought any ammo yet, but ordered some Pmags which should be here next week. I probably gonna pick up some Centurion Mil Contract and a few boxes of Wolf from Ammunitiontogo (unless anybody has something better?)

Top Bottom