Need a new truck

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I left this and went to the dodge. I lost some features I really liked but the cost of trucks is so high these days.
    Lost my 4x4, steering wheel controls and locking storage.
    Gained a ton of power IMO though
    We had a good run me and the GMC
    vurytegy.jpg

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    I just set a reminder to revisit this thread in three years. I think you made a bad decision. Sorry but you got the worse of the 4 trucks available and you didn't even get 4x4 which was a necessity at the begining of this thread. Just giving an honest opinion. I drive an 06 duramax that isn't in warranty lol. If you would pay off a truck and save some money by not paying a note then if something does break you could fix it. Three years and you will be back in a Chevy or over to a Ford. Dodges are really comfy inside when they are new. So are Buicks and Mercurys.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Thanks.....
    I compromised on the 4x4 for a reason. Moving along Ram was awarded best interior and truck of the year over the other brands. We will see

If you were aware of this thread from the beginning why feel the need to share your opinion now?
    Would you consider yourself a new car inspector? Or what is your official title? To give you any credibility on which truck is the worst or best?

Last edited:

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    My brother has a new dodge and my best friend has an 2008 z71. I have been in both and know what they are. Would my opinion have swayed your buy? I hope not. That is why I abstained. I have an 06 duramax because its the last year before emissions set diesels back ten years in 07. 160k miles. I pull over 10k daily with it and it has never left me stranded. I do all my own maintenance like oil and fuel filter tranny filter. Tranny flush and such at regular intervals. Also there are two kinds of truck guys, work-use and comfort-style. No shame in either. Also if you get rid of a truck because its almost out of warranty then a Dodge is probably a perfect buy for you. The easiest way to know if you did the right thing for you is ask yourself one question. Are you happy with the deal? If the answer is yes then you did good for you and that's all that matters. :D They are very nice on the inside I have to admit.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Thanks. I did everything like I was suppose to in the GMC and the Chevy before. Both had been to the dealership numerous times for warranty repairs so I didn't trust them. Several of our employees have rams and they have been great all 09+. (not referring to the new ones just purchased)
    The deal was fine for me. I use my truck to pull trailers a lot but nothing a 1/2 ton cannot handle or a diesel would have been a necessity. I have had nothing but 4x4 so of course I wanted it. But for the cost in any make I didn't feel I had to have it.

Top Bottom