Need a new truck

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Hey guys. I am in need of a new truck. Anyone in vehicle sales that can lend a hand Pm me.
    Looking for a 4x4 quad/crew cab new.
    Thanks

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Appreciate it man but I need 4x4 for everything I do. I'm getting out of a 2009 gmc 4x4 z71 leather crew cab. It is for sale. $22,000
    Looming at the dodge express and MAYBE a ford. Good luck on the truck man

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I took a road trip to houston, saved a ton and there were literally 1000's of trucks to choose from in a 10 mile radius. I've never owned anything but chevrolets, but decided to go with a Ford.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Richard is right, I saved about 8k on my last car by driving out there and picking it up. Get a list of dealerships in that area, call around and haggle over the phone. Keep track of who you talked to and when you get the new number tell them you're coming to get it.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Alright I don't know if I can do that but I can see. I went to the dodge dealership yesterday and found a 4x4 express I like. It was the crew can I believe. I'm not sure what they sell for in Houston but after rebates and everything this one should come down to around $24,800 from $31,700

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I haven't decided against ford but, if I go that route it will be the fx4 hopefully may have to settle on a lesser 4x4.
    Sorry man tundra is out the options. For care for the truck. Idk if it still like this but, when they first came out their mpg was pretty rough too was/is it not?

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Alright I don't know if I can do that but I can see. I went to the dodge dealership yesterday and found a 4x4 express I like. It was the crew can I believe. I'm not sure what they sell for in Houston but after rebates and everything this one should come down to around $24,800 from $31,700

I've got a friend that works at paretti in Metairie and another that works at the Mazda dealership in Houma. Both told me I was well below what they could price me at. I'd call dodge of Clearlake, spring Chrysler, and a few others. Tell them this is what you want, ask them their price. Tell them this is what it is priced at locally, this is what it would need cost to make it worth your time to go down there and get it. Worst case, you wasted half an hour on the phone.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Get a ford ranger... Have a 02 and love it! Can zip around in heavy traffic then its also at-home in the mud and snow, you will probably see me around covington in it, the only WA state plates(its not in my name yet) and of course ne and my WSU hat...

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Thanks Jack. I will give that a go.
    I'm still debating on ford or dodge. I just don't know. I have had nothin but GM and they have treated me fairly well.
    It will be a full size. I need a full grown truck.
    Sorry sportsbud those little trucks are for some people but what I use my truck for it would not last the first month or the first trailer I hook to it. The only reason I dont buy a diesel is we have rig trucks at work for when I have to have it and the upkeep of a diesel is twice as much.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    My best friend got a new 2013 Dodge 4x4 4 door diesel last week. I drove it away from the dealership, glad I didn't have to pay for it.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    My best friend got a new 2013 Dodge 4x4 4 door diesel last week. I drove it away from the dealership, glad I didn't have to pay for it.

What do you mean with the last comment?
    All of our supervisors just bought new 2500 4x4 4door diesels and they made a group deal (6trucks) for $32,000 per truck before TTL.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    What do you mean with the last comment?
    All of our supervisors just bought new 2500 4x4 4door diesels and they made a group deal (6trucks) for $32,000 per truck before TTL.

I'm glad my buddy paid for it and not me. I think the sticker was $52,000 I don't know what he paid. But I do know it was paid for when we drove off the lot.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    If anyone has some experience with the 2009+ ram 1500 chime in. Looks like what I will be going with. Just can't leap forward into a ford... Would take a good deal but they are higher than the rams with less rebates.

audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    If anyone has some experience with the 2009+ ram 1500 chime in. Looks like what I will be going with. Just can't leap forward into a ford... Would take a good deal but they are higher than the rams with less rebates.

Only issue ive had with mine is the TPMS unit is bad, but i dont trust those anyway. Mine is a 2011 4x4 quad cab.

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    I just got a new FX4 (loaded, crew cab, 5.0, 3.73 gears), with my X Plan it was $39k (after the rebates). Sticker was $49k...just to give you an idea of what they are going for.

It's a damn nice truck. I'm still learning all the little gadgets that it came with the package (today's was the incline meters, which show front to back, side to side, and how many degrees your front tires are turned).

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Thanks audioshooter. I am worried about the dodge transmission. I know they switched to the mercedes design but they have a bad rep to come back from.
    Thanks on the ford information. They are really price for what you get compared to the dodges. The same thing with the Chevy/GMC.
    a comparable GM to a nice dodge is $3000+ more.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom