Need an EDC light...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA

greg t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    NOLA area
    I currently EDC a G2 as well. I ordered a Fenix P3D to T&E for replacing the G2. I don't really have much to add other than I was in the same boat (except for the size which isn't an issue for me) and chose to T&E the Fenix. Ultimately, price came down to being the deciding factor.

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    So weird! I stayed up until 4 this morning because I was in manic phase trying to decide on the SP E1E & Fenix TK11 for the same reason you.

I had decided that I was going to get the fenix but at the last minute, changed my mind because I told myself that I was impulse buying. The only things I could find about the Fenix flashlight on different forums and review posts w/ the fenix was as issue w/ O-rings & wiring/connecting at the butt/power on button. These reviews were on different models and old, but....it still made me hesitate until today so I could find more info on it.

I am with you Spanky...looking right now.

http://www.fenixtactical.com/fenix-gallery.html
    Above is the link to the new TK11

Last edited:

greg t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    NOLA area
    How's the size difference of the P3D as compared to the G2?

Looking at the specs of each, the P3D is slightly smaller in diameter and about .5" shorter. My G2 is slightly larger in diameter at the tailcap since I have the Z49 clicker cap (I kept accidently activating the regular tailcap).

SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    If you need it for life saving get the E1E

if you need a light to see where you plug in a cord get the fenix...

greg t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    NOLA area
    If you need it for life saving get the E1E

if you need a light to see where you plug in a cord get the fenix...
    Care to expound upon that assertion?

E1E is rated at a max of 15 lumens with a runtime of 1.5 hours; P1D is rated at a max of 180 lumens for 1 hour on its highest setting and 95 lumens at 2.8 hours at its next lower setting.

Perhaps you're referring to durability. If so, any links to relevant threads would be greatly appreciated ;)

SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    I don't need threads..

I have owned over 20 Fenix lights and 12 Sure fires.

I have had 3 fenix's go back for repair work, no Sure fires...

I do love Fenix lights and I carry two every day. A AAA E1 and a L1D bored to fit a CR123...

But on my bed side is a surefire, in my glove box is a surefire, in my wifes purse is a stream light.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    How's the size difference of the P3D as compared to the G2?

Significantly smaller, its thinner & the lighting face is smaller as well...

I've dropped my P3D (while in its very handy sheath) numerous times...its gotten wet a couple times. No real torture from me, but the videos I saw online impressed me enough.

P3D is brighter than G2, it's got much whiter light, its very solid (I would have no problems using it to smash up someones face, quite sure that it would be sturdy enough.), and I am 100% impressed.

I've had the same batteries in it since I got it...a month or so ago, and I use the flashlight every single day, without exception, for anywhere from 5mins to 1hr+.

It's supposed to have about 3hrs of continuous use on Turbo...I've never had it on for 3 hours straight but I've -definitely- got more than 3 hours of use with it so far.

I've checked the brightness of these batteries vs new ones twice and have yet to see any noticeable difference in the light output. It's just as bright as the day I got it.

Yes, it is blinding. The strobe feature is great.

Mine have been flawless so far, and they will be my survival light as well as all around light.

Don't forget to use the 5% or 8% off coupons if you buy one online. I don't know of any bigger ones.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Significantly smaller, its thinner & the lighting face is smaller as well...

I've dropped my P3D (while in its very handy sheath) numerous times...its gotten wet a couple times. No real torture from me, but the videos I saw online impressed me enough.

P3D is brighter than G2, it's got much whiter light, its very solid (I would have no problems using it to smash up someones face, quite sure that it would be sturdy enough.), and I am 100% impressed.

I've had the same batteries in it since I got it...a month or so ago, and I use the flashlight every single day, without exception, for anywhere from 5mins to 1hr+.

It's supposed to have about 3hrs of continuous use on Turbo...I've never had it on for 3 hours straight but I've -definitely- got more than 3 hours of use with it so far.

I've checked the brightness of these batteries vs new ones twice and have yet to see any noticeable difference in the light output. It's just as bright as the day I got it.

Yes, it is blinding. The strobe feature is great.

Mine have been flawless so far, and they will be my survival light as well as all around light.

Don't forget to use the 5% or 8% off coupons if you buy one online. I don't know of any bigger ones.

what's this coupon you speak of? :D

greg t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    NOLA area
    I don't need threads..

I have owned over 20 Fenix lights and 12 Sure fires.

I have had 3 fenix's go back for repair work, no Sure fires...

I do love Fenix lights and I carry two every day. A AAA E1 and a L1D bored to fit a CR123...

But on my bed side is a surefire, in my glove box is a surefire, in my wifes purse is a stream light.
    Thank you for further explaining! Wild ass assertions on an internet forum are truly worth less than the paper they're written on.

How was your customer service experience with the lights that had to go back for repair?

SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    Customer returns are great, I go through my retailer.

Fenix-Store.com and suggest any one else to do the same...
    that is where the discount is.

I have a personal %10 off and I got a 20 gift card from the owner a while back

SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    McGizmo Aleph

Wow , I though I was the only freak that had a taste for ridiculously expensive lights...

Do you have a Gat light (have had a few) or any of the Arc's?

Last edited:

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Led stinger on the belt, standard stinger in the car, g2 led in my seat organizer.

My car light is a brinkman maxfire, which is identical to a g2. Fiance has a g2 in her car.

I don't carry a light on my person in regular clothes

Top Bottom