Need an EDC light...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I've gotten in the habit of carrying a light 24/7, next to my pepper spray. Not many people notice them, and my life is far too random to actually know where I'll be or when I'll be there.

SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    I would go with a P1D with rechargebles.

If you want serious light out of it I can bore the body so it will fit a CR123 A and get L2D light out of it when you eed the extra lumens but a single AA L1D is not slouch.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Oh yeah, I carry the P3D daily, and like I said...its just as bright as the day I bought it and I make it a point to use it every single day without exception, and have done so...for about a month now I guess.

Its the best flashlight I've ever owned or used. It uses the CR123 batteries, I have 20 of them and 2 rechargeables with a recharger. I'm still using the 2 extras that came with another flashlight I got.

P3D is my formal recommendation. I use it on Turbo, 160 lumen, 100% of the time...for digging around in computers you could easily use the lowest setting and see what you're doing...and it would probably last you 6mo-1yr of daily use on that setting.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    P3D in non-turbo mode defaults to the lowest light setting, which is easily bright enough to light a path in the woods...so definitely able to light up a computer box.

*We all love our lights, and they are all pretty damned sweet...so I think you're going to win with whichever one you choose.*

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Spanky and whoever else,

here is a link to where i get all of my lights. They are far less expensive, probably because they are the direct source in China. The items usually take about 2 weeks to come in, but I'm in no big rush if the trade off is significant $$$ savings.

http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.901

I have 4 of these http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11119
    and one of these http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10452

they are VERY bright, and I accidentally made someone puke when i hit the strobe button by mistake, they saw it for only 3 seconds and they were done. (strobe was from one of the small black ones)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom