Need Some Pistol Advice

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    But can you see yourself swooning over a Glock, or even a Sig? Didn't think so.

OTOH, when you hold an HK (the VP70 excepted) there is a sense of pride and panache that I've never felt with anything else.....

I will refrain from commenting. Except to say that this somehow reminds me of a red Waller & Son range bag.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    You're just jealous because you chose the drab gray.

I chose the red because nobody a smaller segment of the populace is likely to steal it...;)

I fixed it for you.

I guess that percentage would be much greater in certain parts of the country..............such as San Francisco.

Last edited:

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    True. But if you ever hear of me planning to go there, or having been there, just put a bullet in my head... okay?;)

Ya know, YOU'RE the guy that had those Jennings/etc. armorer T-shirts made; and you're dumping on my range bag???

Let he who is without skeletons in his closet throw the first rock...

Ah, but there eece a beeg deefference cabron. No one has ever said my Certified Armorer shirts look gay.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    I have and like the small .38's with 2 inch bbl loaded with a fast (but not +P) HP round or 158 gr. SWC. I carried a .38 in my days as an officer (4 inch SW model 10) and never doubted my ability to protect myself or others. I like revolvers as they will not jam or fail to fire unless an ammunition misfire but the next shot is only a trigger squeeze away.

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    I have and like the small .38's with 2 inch bbl loaded with a fast (but not +P) HP round or 158 gr. SWC. I carried a .38 in my days as an officer (4 inch SW model 10) and never doubted my ability to protect myself or others. I like revolvers as they will not jam or fail to fire unless an ammunition misfire but the next shot is only a trigger squeeze away.

Interesting.

Oh man now you started it :eek3:

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    This is of no statistical relevance, but I took a student to the range on August 8 as part of his Concealed handgun permit renewal class. He brought a Rossi snub-nosed .38 Special revolver.

When he opened the cylinder to show that it was empty (prior to loading with range ammo), the cylinder fell out. I don't mean that it swung out ....I mean that it fell out onto the counter.

The pistol was clearly not gonna be used in the lesson (unless he could find a different instructor). So I suggested that he rent a revolver from the range (Precision). But the Precision employee said that wasn't possible ......because their only rental revolver (Taurus) had broken and had been shipped back to the factory for repair. (Student ended up using one of my Glock 19's.)

None of the foregoing should be construed as criticism of Rossi firearms, Taurus firearms or revolvers in general. If people think revolvers will never jam or fail to fire, I have to assume they are correct.

Top Bottom