Never again...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    What's the big deal? It looks like it covers both parties fairly.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    If you have to ask, you don't get it.

Great answer, thanks for the value add.

Contacts protect both buyers and sellers. I guess I don't see the point in agreeing to a sale and then being turned off by being asked to sign a contract that discloses the conditions of the sale. Seems like as long as neither party does anything fishy down the line, it's just not a big deal.

But maybe I'm missing some big secret.

Top Kek

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    nola

Contacts protect both buyers and sellers. I guess I don't see the point in agreeing to a sale and then being turned off by being asked to sign a contract that discloses the conditions of the sale. Seems like as long as neither party does anything fishy down the line, it's just not a big deal.

WHAT PART OF SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED DON'T YOU GET REEEEEEEEEE /s

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan

Not trying to add anything really.. Just the fact that as an admin of a gun group , you just lost credibility with me in the point that I would not want to be anywhere near you if things popped off ..

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans

I'm certainly missing the big secret too. The people claiming there is one might be as well, since they still haven't told us what it is.

I don't see any problem with this either other than maybe taking 15 extra minutes which is mildly annoying but whatever; I usually end up hanging around and shooting the breeze with people I deal with for half an hour anyway. Looks like a nice clean sale to me.

Edit: I figured out the secret. If your bill of sale is 1 page, everything's fine and you're a smart seller. If your bill of sale is 3 pages you're a gullible sucker and the government is going to come steal your bang bang toys and canned meat.

Last edited:

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I'm certainly missing the big secret too. The people claiming there is one might be as well, since they still haven't told us what it is.

I don't see any problem with this either other than maybe taking 15 extra minutes which is mildly annoying but whatever; I usually end up hanging around and shooting the breeze with people I deal with for half an hour anyway. Looks like a nice clean sale to me.

Edit: I figured out the secret. If your bill of sale is 1 page, everything's fine and you're a smart seller. If your bill of sale is 3 pages you're a gullible sucker and the government is going to come steal your bang bang toys and canned meat.

I am definitely not in the Q or whatever devalued letter you assign to someone.. I just think as grown ass adults who are selling or buying a gun.. its simple.. just do the damned sale.. Only lawyers make **** difficult..

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central

Did you miss the part where both signatures have to be Notarized ? Who's paying for that ?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I am definitely not in the Q or whatever devalued letter you assign to someone.. I just think as grown ass adults who are selling or buying a gun.. its simple.. just do the damned sale.. Only lawyers make **** difficult..
    What's so difficult about showing an ID and signing a few lines?

Did you miss the part where both signatures have to be Notarized ? Who's paying for that ?
    I believe the OP said he was selling to an attorney. The attorney could notarize it.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    I just think as grown ass adults who are selling or buying a gun.. its simple.. just do the damned sale.. Only lawyers make **** difficult..

It's simple: sign a bill of sale, so if it ends up used in a crime down the line you've got paperwork that keeps your ass out of jail. That seems like a relatively grown ass adult thing to do to me. Does it really matter whether it takes 5 minutes or 15 minutes? Does "just do the damn sale" mean that your time is too valuable to spare a few minutes legally cover your own ass?

You'd have to ask Mag on that one, but I would probably work off the assumption that whoever wants it to be notarized pays for that.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    So I've read this entire thread and don't see where Magpump said he did or did not actually sign it.

He said he would never sell another gun to an attorney, so that could imply he has sold to attorneys in the past, but not a direct indicator that he did in fact sign the documents.

Sucks to be any attorney who might miss out on those sweet deals.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    In other news an attorney bears witness to his own signature. Pro Bono on the notary fee none the less.
    Yeah, I have no clue on whether an attorney can legally notarize documents that they are a party of. Hell, the document might even not have been notarized.

I have had some pretty serious paper cuts..
    I hear copious amounts of tin-foil helps to prevent paper cuts, among other common problems faced by the masses.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom