New from Springfield.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Count me among those waiting. I got excited when I read Springfield was doing this. I still have the GI 1911 I bought in the 90’s and it’s been a great piece. I’m a huge High Power fan/collector, even got one in .40, but at today’s prices I won’t be buying any more of the old Browning pistols. The first FEG I bought cost me around $225 in the 90’s and while it’s not as prized as my old browning models from across the pond, it is a good shooter.
    I’m not big into Springfield polymer framed pistols at all. I had a couple of XD’s and found them lacking. The triggers were horrible with all that travel/uptake and neither were as reliable as I insist for defensive purposes. That being said, the 1911 I have and the info on what they’ve done with the High Power turned my head. I don’t think I’ll be sorry. I just hope they accept the pile of mags I already own!

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    According to the video, the legacy mags will work. It sounds like the new 15 round mags will work in the FNs. I like the Australian study but the conclusion of the lesser, red dot equipped pistols being more accurate is a joke.

Eagle Eyes

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2020
    Ruston
    I’ve never owned or even help a HP. I like the looks of this one. Also I’m a fan of Springfield 1911‘s. I’ll probably have to fondle one at a store before making a decision. I really don’t need another 9mm that just sits in the safe.

Top Bottom