New GF and Carrying....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    So i have this new GF. We have been dating a few weeks now. Whenever we go out anywhere of course I am always carrying, unless she wants to go to a bar. I know she knows I am into guns and everything, but IDK how to tell her I carry. Sometimes when she goes to hug me and what not I try to hide the M&P IWB.

How do I tell her I carry all day everyday, because i have to eventually? I don't want her to freak out and disappear because I really like this one.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Ummm, not to be real harsh or anything; but....

1st) Ask her if you can borrow your balls that is in her purse for a few minutes and then tell her.

If she doesn't accept, give them back to her....

Case and Point

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K1GjyrQiSRs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K1GjyrQiSRs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Just tell her ASAP, before you sink too much more money and feelings into the relationship! Phrase it so that it's clear you are a brave and noble knight, a chivalrous gentleman who is always looking out for her protection. Doing it during or after a great dinner might not be a bad idea, as the extra suck-up points will be fresh.

HOWEVER, if she freaks and goes away, or makes you choose between her and your gun, let the commie
    b!tch go! You can always find another, but good guns are hard to replace! :rofl:

Should that happen, you can save yourself a lot of grief by being sure to ask all future prospective dates up front their stance on guns, while remembering the cardinal rule on dating:

IF THEY DON'T SHOOT, NOT EVEN COFFEE! :D

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    diffrent views on guns can co-exist,,my wife is a fell good some what lib typ from california,,she dosnt understand why we need so many guns in the house or why would i teach my 7yr old daughter how to use them....

simple fact is as long as she is not a gun hater,,it shouldnt be a problem,,take her shooting and show her the fun side of it,,then tell her you got your ccw..most irls are kind of indiffrent about it

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    GBundersea has the opposite problem from you. Every time he comes home with a new gun she wants one too! It makes buying guns expensive! He uses twice as much ammo every time they go to the range. Plus he can forget sneaking a new one into the gunsafe...

I'd say take her on a range date. Or, take her to a good restaurant in a rough part of town- uptown, warehouse district, etc. Make sure you park in the darkest part of the parking lot so she's good and scared. On the way back to the car ask her why she's worried and remind her that you're always carrying. What? You mean you didn't know? Doesn't everyone carry? Well, at least all the decent guys that want to keep their families safe anyway do... Aren't you glad it was there?
    Anyway, if she freaks out and doesn't want to be near your gun, leave her in the dark parking lot for a few minutes and drive around the block. By the time you get back she'll be cool with it and happy to see you.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    I tell prospective anyone (employees, friends, associates, etc.) that I am armed to the hilt. If they don't like it, carry your bootie.

Makes life easier for me.

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    Do like I did just the other day. Picked up the date, brought her to the range. Pulled out the gun she was shooting (p22) from range bag. She wanted to know what else I had in case she wanted to shoot something "bigger" so I said I have a Glock 23 in .40 if you want that.

She asked to see it, so I goes "OK, you're gonna be surprised where I keep it, and don't freak or I'm leaving you here." and proceeded to pull it out of my IWB holster and cleared it, and handed it to her.

She is addicted to shooting, wants to go back to the range, has no problems with me carrying a guy 24/7 and is hot.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    GBundersea has the opposite problem from you. Every time he comes home with a new gun she wants one too! It makes buying guns expensive! He uses twice as much ammo every time they go to the range. Plus he can forget sneaking a new one into the gunsafe...
    I read this to her, and she said to tell you "Oh, stop it! I'm BLUSHING...." :rofl:

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Don't say anything. Eventually she'll either discover it, see you strap it on, or see you take it off. When she does just say yeah that's my gun. Has worked for me. The last two or three girls I've been with have all said "Ok, cool."

If you are really worried about it, take her to the range and show her how to conceal and draw it from the holster safely before she discovers you carry.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    The bigger deal you make out of it, the bigger deal it will be to her. Like aroundlsu said, just let her see it/discover it on her own and downplay it like it's not a big deal. Because it isn't a big deal. Don't be a drama queen about it. If she doesn't like it she sucks anyway and you're better off.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I hang around a fair amount of college hippy liberal girls...mostly even...if we ever talk about guns I tell them, if we dont they find out when I'm putting my things on the table before we get in bed.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    Northshore
    Do like I did just the other day. Picked up the date, brought her to the range. Pulled out the gun she was shooting (p22) from range bag. She wanted to know what else I had in case she wanted to shoot something "bigger" so I said I have a Glock 23 in .40 if you want that.

She asked to see it, so I goes "OK, you're gonna be surprised where I keep it, and don't freak or I'm leaving you here." and proceeded to pull it out of my IWB holster and cleared it, and handed it to her.

She is addicted to shooting, wants to go back to the range, has no problems with me carrying a guy 24/7 and is hot.

It snowed in South LA
    and Charles found a chick that likes to shoot, like one of Teddy's juveniles...

Hell has officially frozen over. Excuse me while I go smoke a blunt with the devil.

Witness

&amp;gt;Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge
    have you not had sex? i mean comon! when you drop trou and she hears a big "thud" hit the floor they tend to ask questions. "uh excuse me, what was that? i know it wasnt your wallet or we wouldnt have gone to sizzler for dinner" i've had this conversation, and for lack of a better word, awkward turtle.

you might as well tell her, you cant hide it forever, and you wouldnt want your carry gun to ruin a chances of getting laid. this would be TRAGIC. if you do manange to keep her hands out of your pants then you need to either trade her in for a girl that puts out, or reevaluate your sexual orientation.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    McFreddieMercury
    Top Bottom