New Law on Pistol Attachments.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    All of my lowers were purchased as Other on the 4473. How would anyone know if I had a pistol or a brace?

I didn’t think I had to be super detailed in my statement. Use your imagination I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    If you're actually concerned about the ATF's new B/S rules, and you're bending over backwards to comply, you're a effin sheep to begin with. Might as well just hand over everything you own and live the democrat lifestyle. I know it's gonna stir a pot, and get under a lot of people's skin, but I'm tired of holding my tongue and have never met most of you anyway. Just go find your Little Bo Peep, and give em everything you own.

I would love to hear all of the steps you have taking to stick it to the man. Please enlighten us Patrick Swayze.

397e5ae8f879e6f017f7ee953f7136a2.gif

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I would love to hear all of the steps you have taking to stick it to the man. Please enlighten us Patrick Swayze.

397e5ae8f879e6f017f7ee953f7136a2.gif

Close. C. Thomas Howell.

The sentiment expressed, however, was accurate. The statement, not quite precise.

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    Sorry not sorry officer. I have nothing else to say in your direction. I voiced my opinion that I'm entitled to, and I'll leave it at that.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I also saw a part where the “free $200 tax stamp” every one keeps talking about to get a free sbr, well yea that’s not happening. The free $200 stamp is for a braced pistol in the configuration of a braced pistol ONLY. No free SBR’s like all you fudds were originally excited about.

Not to mention the AFT also states you have 90 days to receive an approval. If you don’t receive a response in 90 days it’s an automatic deny. This is going to be a Sh** show for sure and very interesting to sit back and watch.

I’ve spoken to more people in the past couple weeks who said they won’t comply. These are not criminals with records, these are the type of people who will help you keep criminals with records away from you and where you live. So I guess all of these people are about to become felons? What a joke honestly and knowing the atf the will come back and say Just Joking! You can keep you brace (after millions turn in photo ID’s, address, pictures of the exact make and model along with a picture of each firearm being registered) just like the you can’t shoulder no just joking you can shoulder fiasco.

Last edited:

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Or just go thru the normal process, forget the "free candy" scheme that is currently proposed. File an Eform 1, pay the $200, either Individual, or Trust, and get it done the traditional way without all of the poison pills that are being discovered.

Go see Kenny at Meplat Group and let him do the process for you. He's a one stop shop and can handle every aspect of it, AND hes a practicing attorney.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Or just go thru the normal process, forget the "free candy" scheme that is currently proposed. File an Eform 1, pay the $200, either Individual, or Trust, and get it done the traditional way without all of the poison pills that are being discovered.

Go see Kenny at Meplat Group and let him do the process for you. He's a one stop shop and can handle every aspect of it, AND hes a practicing attorney.

For someone like me who lives In Louisiana but often shoots in Mississippi that would cause problems for me and create a major hassle. Instead of packing up my vehicle and heading to the range I’d have to get big brother permission just to shoot what I legally purchased. Absolutely ridiculous.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    For someone like me who lives In Louisiana but often shoots in Mississippi that would cause problems for me and create a major hassle. Instead of packing up my vehicle and heading to the range I’d have to get big brother permission just to shoot what I legally purchased. Absolutely ridiculous.
    Totally agree. And the 5320.20 form to "allow" you to cross state lines with a SBR can take up to 30 days. (Used to be just fax it over and get it right back)

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Yep...I've said that before. And, from their perspective, it's actually a good plan. No charge for the tax stamp and you can register however many you would like. Why wouldn't people just register them all?
    I think you have a poor understanding of what’s being proposed if this is how you feel.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    How can the aft even “wave” the $200 stamp for braces pistols? What they are doing is tax invasion, is it not? Last time I checked ATF isn’t a member of congress.

Seadonist

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    River Ridge,LA

Or just not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Or just not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I mean, I guess you can do that.

I am wondering if some of the rebels on this thread also are planning to just drill a third pin hole on the rifle and make it full auto too ? Its literally the same criminal penalty for having an unregistered SBR as a machinegun.

If they are so bold, why not go big or go home.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I also saw a part where the “free $200 tax stamp” every one keeps talking about to get a free sbr, well yea that’s not happening. The free $200 stamp is for a braced pistol in the configuration of a braced pistol ONLY. No free SBR’s like all you fudds were originally excited about.

Not to mention the AFT also states you have 90 days to receive an approval. If you don’t receive a response in 90 days it’s an automatic deny. This is going to be a Sh** show for sure and very interesting to sit back and watch.

I’ve spoken to more people in the past couple weeks who said they won’t comply. These are not criminals with records, these are the type of people who will help you keep criminals with records away from you and where you live. So I guess all of these people are about to become felons? What a joke honestly and knowing the atf the will come back and say Just Joking! You can keep you brace (after millions turn in photo ID’s, address, pictures of the exact make and model along with a picture of each firearm being registered) just like the you can’t shoulder no just joking you can shoulder fiasco.

Please quit regurgitating what you hear from other people. It specifically addresses this in the ruling. You can definitely put a regular stock on after approval.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

You can fill out the form and it will be good for a year depending on what dates you use.

Top Bottom