NEW, MATCHING FAL parts kits! Updated 6-23

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I know nothing about these kits. if i got one, how much more money and effort would it take to complete the build?

Edit...saw the other post about costs.

Is this a welding build like doing an AK kit?

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I'm in for one. Please add my name to the list.

ETA: question; are we going to do a group buy on receivers? what about one of our FFL members on the board placing the order(s) and us getting some sort of group discount on all the transfers?

Last edited:

ryan

Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    I got in on the coonan group buy on fal files, they were 270 shipped to your ffl plus the dealers fees.

I'm sure if we approach them looking for 20+ receivers all shipped to one person I'm sure they could cut us a deal.

Last edited:

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    No.

For both cost and Quality I'd recomend a Coonan reciever.

Or a DSA, or Imbel Gear Logo or a Enterprise. Everyone has their fav's mine happenes to be the DSA TYPE ? (depends on what riFAL it will be mated with) Second is the DCI (Coonan) but ONLY the type I, and third would be the Imbel Gear Logo for the type III (Mated with a Imbel lower, Argy type three) and lastly the enterprise.

Coonan was going to have a seconds (slight COSMETIC flaw) GB was started but not sure where it stands, all avaliable units were spoken for in a matter of hours OR LESS. Seems to be pettered out for now BUT it seems like if I recall they were $250 each. With one of my SARCO Argy kits I will probably use this for a para build IF the GB goes thru. If not I will be using a Imbel Gear Logo for the Para build.

Either way ANY of the above mentioned receivers will make a great build! Most receivers are about like Ford vs Chevy vs Mopar!

KT

PS: I didn't mention COST here ANYWHERE except the cost for the GB on the Coonan seconds.
    BUT I did say they are like picking thru Ford, Chevy or Mopar!

I personally have all of the above mentioned including one very hard to find FMAP Argy
    and again "I PERSONALLY PERFER THE DSA" Wait I NO longer have an Enterprise, just happened to part with that rifle :( BUT it was a great shooter!

As did the DSA's some time back the Coonan also had some QC issues. Name any product that has not!

Last edited:

Nomad.2nd

Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Or a DSA, or Imbel Gear Logo or a Enterprise. Everyone has their fav's mine happenes to be the DSA TYPE ? (depends on what riFAL it will be mated with) Second is the DCI (Coonan) but ONLY the type I or II, and third would be the Imbel Gear Logo for the type III (Mated with a Imbel lower, Argy type three) and lastely tyhe enterprise.
    KT

I said Cost: Quality...

Where can I pick up a DSA for $250 + Shipping?

That said, 3-4 examples of Coonan and DSA's each side by side... Coonan's better quality.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom