New member from central Louisiana

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lphilpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2024
    Pineville, LA
    (That's "Cenla", not Central northeast of Baton Rouge)

Long-time gun owner, but (very) occasional shooter. After buying a couple of pawn shop specials more than thirty years ago (a Colt 1903 .32 ACP Hammerless Pocket and a Ruger P85 Mk II) but never really shooting them much my wife and I are wanting to get more consistent / proficient. Obviously neither are really contemporary -- indeed, the Colt is 104 years old! :) -- but we're not currently interested in CC, just home defense and plinking. I also have a few older rifles from my dad and father-in-law (.22s, 30-30) but not being a hunter they don't get much use either.

Anyway, joined here to mostly read and learn, maybe ask a dumb question or two...

lphilpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2024
    Pineville, LA
    Welcome, Where you fish at up there?
    I don't. I have only 24 hours in a day -- No time for an expensive thing like fishing. LOL

But my friends who fish apparently go to one of the area lakes: Catahoula, Saline or Larto lake (Pineville), Lake Iatt or Nantachie Lake (Colfax), Cane River (Natchitoches), Indian Creek lake (Woodworth -- watch your speed!), etc. They may fish the Red River as well, but I'm not sure. Quite a few go to Toledo Bend. Keep in mind I'm talking about boat-level (usually bass) fishing, not "a cane pole on the bank."

Then again, not being a fisherman I can't guarantee I'm not lying to you. :)

lphilpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2024
    Pineville, LA
    Welcome, Len. I see you are into landscapes and pastorals. Nice.
    Thank you, and all the others who've welcomed me!

I enjoy landscape photography because I enjoy being outdoors (as opposed to merely outside). IMO a really good landscape image makes the viewer want to physically "be there". It appears I've exhausted the landscape subject matter around here, though. It's next to impossible to find really "photo-legit" landscapes in Louisiana. We're just missing all the essential elements: Mountains, valleys, waterfalls, canyons, cliffs, dramatic shorelines, etc. Plus the shooting seasons are really brief.

But I digress... :)

Top Bottom