New Member Intro: Bayou Ranger

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BayouRanger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2024
    Hammond, LA
    Hey, y'all! I am from Hammond, LA and have lived in the area for about five years. I am originally from NJ (don't hold it against me, I was from the Jersey cow part not the Jersey shore part) but I have been in the south since joining the Army in 2001. I served as an Airborne Ranger at Ft Benning, GA for three years and then Ft Bragg for the remainder of my 9 year military career. During that time, I deployed to Afghanistan, Iraq, Africa and New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, which is how I ended up moving here after I got out. When I got out of the Army I got into IT and have worked in numerous roles in that field for the last 20 years.

Currently, my wife and I are buying all kinds of "toys" for her crafting business, so we have a Cricut (vinyl prints), laser engraver and we just bought our first 3D printer.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Hey, y'all! I am from Hammond, LA and have lived in the area for about five years. I am originally from NJ (don't hold it against me, I was from the Jersey cow part not the Jersey shore part) but I have been in the south since joining the Army in 2001. I served as an Airborne Ranger at Ft Benning, GA for three years and then Ft Bragg for the remainder of my 9 year military career. During that time, I deployed to Afghanistan, Iraq, Africa and New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, which is how I ended up moving here after I got out. When I got out of the Army I got into IT and have worked in numerous roles in that field for the last 20 years.

Currently, my wife and I are buying all kinds of "toys" for her crafting business, so we have a Cricut (vinyl prints), laser engraver and we just bought our first 3D printer.
    You married a local gal by chance?

BayouRanger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2024
    Hammond, LA
    Welcome to the forum. What 3D printer did you pickup?
    Went with the AnkerMake M5. I wanted to get something enclosed cause I have a small Ark in my house, but the AI camera and speed factored in. Couldn't find as many bad reviews for this model over others, and honestly it hasn't been too bad so far. Spun out on a could bigger projects but I think I just have to learn how to work with the offsets and stuff.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Welcome!! Thanks for your service, my son is big time into 3d printing and just bought another one.. the

Bambu Lab X1-Carbon 3D Printer​

He got a really good deal on it more than 1/2 off being he’s designs for there site and he gets points for designing and downloads of his stuff and can buy gift cards with the points… 3d printing is deff very interesting and above my heard.. its like my sons speaking a diff language sometimes lol!!!

Top Bottom