Nick's new season

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    So will I. Going to shoot my Para 1640 and my Springfield 1911 9mm with a red dot on top.

got to see if I can keep up with Vigilante

Last edited:

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Nick might be able to draw a few more shooter if he held that match on the second Sunday. Right now he is competing for the same shooters going to the CAS match. I don't know what his schedule is for the whole month but it could be a little more beneficial to both clubs. JMT's

Beauxdog :cool:

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    So you see, if someone wanted to shoot plenty, They could do the following

Monday - Precision Practice
    Tuesday - nothing that I know of
    wednesday - 6pm match at Southern Shooting Center every week, practice at Baker
    Thurs - 6pm match at Nicks every Thursday
    Friday - nothing
    Satuday - 8AM Rimfire Rifle @ Nicks every Saturday, Steel @ Southern Shooting Center once a month
    Sunday - USPSA at either of the 3 club sites, 0830 match at Nicks every Sunday

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    Just got back from Nick's after function testing my pistol with some new parts and zeroing them in with my match ammo. Hitting the A zone on an IPSC target in the head 6 times in 6 seconds is going to be a bitch in the morning.

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    How cheap is cheap. Would $10 for 70 LSWC loaded to target velocity or full power loads work for you. I can bring some for you if that is what you need to be able to shoot.

PM me if you are interested.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I even stopped at academy and paid waaay too much for some Russian .45 so I could shoot this morning. Unfortunately I slept much too late to make it. Maybe next week...

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    Well my first match. Many thanks to Vigilante Sniper and toddrod for their help and encouragement.

I don't think that I quite set a record low score and as Vigilante Sniper said: "at least you shot your weight instead of your age!" :rofl:

I will be back, determined to have fun and get better.

Thanks again.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Well my first match. Many thanks to Vigilante Sniper and toddrod for their help and encouragement.

I don't think that I quite set a record low score and as Vigilante Sniper said: "at least you shot your weight instead of your age!" :rofl:

Thanks again.

At least he didn't bring IQ into that! I think I held the record low for a while there!

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace

I don't think that I quite set a record low score and as Vigilante Sniper said: "at least you shot more than your weight instead of your age!" :rofl:

Thanks again.

Glad we could help, you did great for a first timer, better than many. I urge you to continue with the tips we talked about. Wish I had shot better today myself.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    So you see, if someone wanted to shoot plenty, They could do the following

Monday - Precision Practice
    Tuesday - nothing that I know of
    wednesday - 6pm match at Southern Shooting Center every week, practice at Baker
    Thurs - 6pm match at Nicks every Thursday
    Friday - nothing
    Satuday - 8AM Rimfire Rifle @ Nicks every Saturday, Steel @ Southern Shooting Center once a month
    Sunday - USPSA at either of the 3 club sites, 0830 match at Nicks every Sunday
    We need to add Nicks to the calendar!
    Also don't forget on certain Saturdays there is the IDPA match in Amite, the USPSA match in Jackson, ms (today 1st sat also) and then next sat (2nd sat) USPSA match in poplarville, ms

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    It ain't PPC, but they do use some B-27's, IDPA, IPSC and sometimes Bullseye targets. Array's vary. Course of fire is timed. No movement, targets range from 10-25 yds.
    Rds limited to 12 max in stage, usually requires a reload. Some stages max out at 18 seconds. Can't remember off hand the quicker stages. It's an interesting match, something different. Divisions are open and limited.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Nicks matches are called practical pistol matches. The courses are set up with par times. You can only load 6 rounds in your gun, (revolver friendly) some courses are 12 shots with a reload after 6. Times vary with the course, max time is 18 seconds, min 4. Barracades, ports, hard cover, idpa, ipsc, B27 and B8p targets, and steel poppers are used. This year started on Sunday, so Thursday is when all scores are tallied and payouts made. Usually first and second place in each class depending on how many shooters we have. A portion of the match fee goes into a pot for the end of year prize match. You have to shoot 18 matches through out the year to qualify to shoot the prize match. You can shoot Open or Limited or both, must be 9mm are above caliber, no power factor requirement. Unclassified, C and B shooters shoot from the ready, Master and A class are required to draw out the holster. You need at least 3 mags or 3 speed loaders. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom