NOLA mad about Constitutional carry so they build a school in the Quarter

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    So, as I read this, I can carry concealed in the gun free zones of NOLA? I am planning a visit to the WWII museum with my grandson and have been concerned. I also have read that NOPD has thermal cameras in many locations that can ID a concealed handgun. I am not wild about NOPD coming in hot on me with my grandson present. Can anyone verify that?
    I have never heard of thermal cameras being used to identify firearms in any city.

Last time I went to the WWII Museum (years ago) there were no firearms signs on the doors. It's not technically a firearms free zone as defined in the law. Do what you need to do. Concealed means concealed.

Edit to add that the museum admission is half price for LA residents for the month of July.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    @Tenax It's been a while since I've even visited the museum's website. They now address the subject of carrying:

Visitor Code of Conduct​

To ensure a positive guest experience, we ask all guests to adhere to the following rules. Failure to comply may result in removal from Museum property, fines, or prosecution.

1. Use of rude, loud, abusive, or derogatory language or acts towards another guest or staff member is not permitted. Disorderly conduct of any kind including aggressive verbal or physical behavior can result in immediate removal from Museum property.
    2. Attire must be appropriate- without profanity, nudity, or other offensive material. Shirts and shoes are required.
    3. Illegal drugs, firearms without a permit, and deadly or dangerous weapons are not allowed on campus.
    4. Damaging or removing Museum property or artifacts is not permitted. Guests cannot enter areas that are restricted to visitors. Stanchions or other barricades cannot be removed.
    5. Loitering, sleeping, or participating in unwarranted assemblies is not permitted. Solicitation of any kind is prohibited on campus.
    6. Personal photography without flash is allowed in the galleries. Recording is not allowed. Tripods or oversized equipment are not allowed on campus. Photography taken for advertisements or other commercial purposes is not allowed.
    7. Food or drink are not allowed in the galleries or near the artifacts. Water bottles with a secure lid are allowed. Smoking and use of electronic cigarettes is prohibited in all buildings and within 10 feet of doorways throughout campus.
    8. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the Col. Battle Barksdale Parade Grounds.
    9. Service animals are welcome throughout the museum campus. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), a service animal is defined as a dog that has been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability. Pets are not permitted.
    10. Use of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (drones) is not permitted on Museum property without permission.

Prohibited Items Policy​

The Museum’s policy is designed for the safety of all of our visitors, staff, and volunteers. The following items are prohibited on Museum property:

• Firearms, except those authorized by the below exceptions
    • Tasers/stun guns
    • Explosives
    • Knives with a blade longer than 3.5 inches
    • Alcohol or illicit drugs
    • Suspicious items such as rolls of wire, large quantities of batteries, alarm clocks, disassembled weapons parts, or other items that could be used in making an improvised device
    Exceptions:

• Medical devices and prescribed drugs are permitted with proper documentation.
    • The following exceptions to the firearms policy apply:
      • Armed private security contracted by the Museum.
      • Law enforcement officers (federal, state, parish, and municipal) on official business. If applicable, uniforms must be worn. If the law enforcement officer is not on duty, or is in civilian attire, the weapon must remain concealed at all times. If observed, they will be asked to conceal the weapon.
      • Citizens in possession of a Concealed Carry Permit (CCP) recognized by the State of Louisiana (Museum security will check credentials). The following State permits are NOT recognized by Louisiana and therefore cannot bring their weapon on campus: California, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, and Rhode Island. Museum policy does not allow military veterans to carry concealed weapons on campus without an authorized CCP. The weapon must remain concealed at all times.
        Please note that The National WWII Museum is a private entity that regulates the presence of firearms on its campus. Open carry is prohibited. As outlined above, the Museum only allows concealed carry for armed private security contracted by the Museum, law enforcement officials, and citizens with a concealed carry permit recognized by the State of Louisiana. All visitors are required to go through security screening upon entering the Museum.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    @Tenax It's been a while since I've even visited the museum's website. They not address the subject of carrying:

Visitor Code of Conduct​

To ensure a positive guest experience, we ask all guests to adhere to the following rules. Failure to comply may result in removal from Museum property, fines, or prosecution.

1. Use of rude, loud, abusive, or derogatory language or acts towards another guest or staff member is not permitted. Disorderly conduct of any kind including aggressive verbal or physical behavior can result in immediate removal from Museum property.
    2. Attire must be appropriate- without profanity, nudity, or other offensive material. Shirts and shoes are required.
    3. Illegal drugs, firearms without a permit, and deadly or dangerous weapons are not allowed on campus.
    4. Damaging or removing Museum property or artifacts is not permitted. Guests cannot enter areas that are restricted to visitors. Stanchions or other barricades cannot be removed.
    5. Loitering, sleeping, or participating in unwarranted assemblies is not permitted. Solicitation of any kind is prohibited on campus.
    6. Personal photography without flash is allowed in the galleries. Recording is not allowed. Tripods or oversized equipment are not allowed on campus. Photography taken for advertisements or other commercial purposes is not allowed.
    7. Food or drink are not allowed in the galleries or near the artifacts. Water bottles with a secure lid are allowed. Smoking and use of electronic cigarettes is prohibited in all buildings and within 10 feet of doorways throughout campus.
    8. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the Col. Battle Barksdale Parade Grounds.
    9. Service animals are welcome throughout the museum campus. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), a service animal is defined as a dog that has been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability. Pets are not permitted.
    10. Use of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (drones) is not permitted on Museum property without permission.

Prohibited Items Policy​

The Museum’s policy is designed for the safety of all of our visitors, staff, and volunteers. The following items are prohibited on Museum property:

• Firearms, except those authorized by the below exceptions
    • Tasers/stun guns
    • Explosives
    • Knives with a blade longer than 3.5 inches
    • Alcohol or illicit drugs
    • Suspicious items such as rolls of wire, large quantities of batteries, alarm clocks, disassembled weapons parts, or other items that could be used in making an improvised device
    Exceptions:

• Medical devices and prescribed drugs are permitted with proper documentation.
    • The following exceptions to the firearms policy apply:
      • Armed private security contracted by the Museum.
      • Law enforcement officers (federal, state, parish, and municipal) on official business. If applicable, uniforms must be worn. If the law enforcement officer is not on duty, or is in civilian attire, the weapon must remain concealed at all times. If observed, they will be asked to conceal the weapon.
      • Citizens in possession of a Concealed Carry Permit (CCP) recognized by the State of Louisiana (Museum security will check credentials). The following State permits are NOT recognized by Louisiana and therefore cannot bring their weapon on campus: California, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, and Rhode Island. Museum policy does not allow military veterans to carry concealed weapons on campus without an authorized CCP. The weapon must remain concealed at all times.
        Please note that The National WWII Museum is a private entity that regulates the presence of firearms on its campus. Open carry is prohibited. As outlined above, the Museum only allows concealed carry for armed private security contracted by the Museum, law enforcement officials, and citizens with a concealed carry permit recognized by the State of Louisiana. All visitors are required to go through security screening upon entering the Museum.
    They could have said CHP

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    They could have said CHP

They were referring to a group of permits recognized by the State of Louisiana rather than only Louisiana's permit so they probably just chose the more reasonable description. Either that or they wanted to mess with the people who take the CHP/CCP thing too seriously.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    They were referring to a group of permits recognized by the State of Louisiana rather than only Louisiana's permit so they probably just chose the more reasonable description. Either that or they wanted to mess with the people who take the CHP/CCP thing too seriously.
    I understand but in La it's a CHP. I always look twice when I see someone saying they teach CCP classes in La. they can't even call it what it is. I don't call my fishing license and hunting license. :D

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I understand but in La it's a CHP. I always look twice when I see someone saying they teach CCP classes in La. they can't even call it what it is. I don't call my fishing license and hunting license. :D

But the sign is referring to all permits recognized by Louisiana, not one state's permit in particular. And a CHP is Louisiana's version of a CCP. The CHP is a CCP. So when someone says CCP instead of CHP with respect to Louisiana's permit, EVERYONE knows what they are talking about, even if they pretend they don't. It's just not important enough of a distinction for the drama it seems to generate. And in the case of the sign, using the state specific name CHP would have been wrong as other states don't have CHP's. But they all have CCP's, even if they have a special name for it.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    But the sign is referring to all permits recognized by Louisiana, not one state's permit in particular. And a CHP is Louisiana's version of a CCP. The CHP is a CCP. So when someone says CCP instead of CHP with respect to Louisiana's permit, EVERYONE knows what they are talking about, even if they pretend they don't. It's just not important enough of a distinction for the drama it seems to generate. And in the case of the sign, using the state specific name CHP would have been wrong as other states don't have CHP's. But they all have CCP's, even if they have a special name for it.
    I guess they would need to know La only covers HANDGUNS not weapons like some CWP

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    But what if your fishing license identifies as a hunting license:hi5:
    I was a passenger with my 2 buddy’s driving GTs threw the mountains of Arkansas when we were pulled over by 2 of Arks finest. When the 5 foot nothing cop asked to see his license Joe says “So him your fishing license”. My other buddy hurt himself trying not to laugh in the cop’s face.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    166   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Word! LOL. I do get a kick out of those folks.
    I still say CCW, but I started carrying in 1990 when that was the approved term. Approved by who, I do not know.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Word! LOL. I do get a kick out of those folks.
    I still say CCW, but I started carrying in 1990 when that was the approved term. Approved by who, I do not know.
    I got my CHP when they started and it was a CHP they started in 1996 by Gov. Foster :D

Last edited:

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I got my CHP when they started and it was a CHP they started in 1996 by Gov. Foster :D
    Ohhhh, damnnnn...

images (2).jpeg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom