NOLA mad about Constitutional carry so they build a school in the Quarter

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tenax

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    I have never heard of thermal cameras being used to identify firearms in any city.

Last time I went to the WWII Museum (years ago) there were no firearms signs on the doors. It's not technically a firearms free zone as defined in the law. Do what you need to do. Concealed means concealed.

Edit to add that the museum admission is half price for LA residents for the month of July.
    I think it was a Newspaper story of an interview with NOPD about Guns in the French Quarter. I was skeptical about IR cameras with that kind of resolution. Probably propaganda.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I think it was a Newspaper story of an interview with NOPD about Guns in the French Quarter. I was skeptical about IR cameras with that kind of resolution. Probably propaganda.
    I worked for FLIR for 15 years before I retired in December. Thermal cameras detect heat. There would need to be a definable difference in the temperature of the firearm vs body temperature. If you are carrying IWB, the firearm will equalize with your body after a few minutes. We did many tests to try and create a algorithm to detect firearms but there are too many variables.

Not saying it is not possible, but in our case, the juice wasn't worth the squeeze.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    So... I suppose the debate can start again as to if a sign has the force of law in Louisiana. Anyone have the time and money to test it out in the courts?

Then there's this from the article: "Agreeing with that sentiment is Rhonda Findley, who since 2008 has owned Pop City, a Decatur Street boutique. Findley said she would not hesitate to declare Pop City a firearm-free zone. But because she's a lessee of the city-owned French Market Corporation building, she said she isn't sure if she can. A phone call to the French Market Corporation was not returned late Wednesday."

If they would read the law that they are citing on the signs, it clearly states that a lessee can prohibit the carrying of a firearm on their property. So the owner of Pop City, and the article writer are just too lazy to read the law, or can't be bothered with doing their own research. There is no reason to contact the French Market Corporation for clarification.

cris&joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2016
    Livingston
    They couldn't get their way with a carve out so they put a cop school in the quarter to use the federal gun free zone. Typical sneaky, whiny, tyrannical dem bull crap. And DA Williams actually had the audacity to say "Let NOPD protect you" and to leave your guns at home. In the last 2 week there have been 4 shootings, 2 of which were murders in the Quarter.

OMG they can't be that stupid can't they????? ‍♀️ at 13:45 the speaker presses how concerned the new no CCW carry law is gonna make crime worse in New Orleans. DAFUQ?? UMMM absolutely NOTHING will change with criminals! They have been conceal carrying since they never followed the laws before. The only thing changing is now law abiding citizens have an equal playing field. Now criminals have to wonder if ppl are packing. Also they putting a school in the quarter and all over the city so they can have gun free zones all over and u can't conceal carry in a gun free zone. She thinks this will keep the city safe!!! ummm schools with their " gun free zone signs are the first and most popular place for mass shootings!" WTF is wrong with ppl!

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Everything is fine..

Attachments

• 230330.jpeg
      230330.jpeg
      244.4 KB · Views: 51
    Top Bottom