Not So Happy Birthday

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nomadicdread

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Seattle
    My wife hasn't done anything for me today expect give me a head ache from bitching and complaining. Didn't cook one meal, through all her junk all over the living room after I cleaned it yesterday. Needs me to drive her here and there. What a waste.

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Haha, I guess that's what I get to look forward to. Ain't marriage grand :D:D

Either way, Happy Birthday chief.

Hopefully this will drown out some of the bitching.....

happy-birthday.jpg

-DAVE

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Maybe she will surprise you later and make up for it. Bad days happen and they don't give a dang what day it it is supposed to be...

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I guess he can have his cake and......... The cake has 24 on it but there is little b-day hats for kids on the table. I wonder what the Thanksgiving menu is?

Last edited:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Have no fear, he is probably tired of her shite too...:D

THIS

My last GF was a chick from Cuban, she was born there but moved here when she was 2, HOT mami, huge ARZ, nice fake D's, green eyes and a waist about as big as my 4 year old, she lives in NO.

I HAVE NEVER heard so much CHIT in my life UNTIL I dated her, biggest headache I have been through, insecure as could be and FKIN BOSSY.

Not worth it, trophy chicks are nice to show off but at the end of the day the average woman is a better wife any day of the week.

Tell my Girl Pam I said HI,

attachment.php

And remember it could always be worst

attachment.php

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    My wife hasn't done anything for me today expect give me a head ache from bitching and complaining. Didn't cook one meal, through all her junk all over the living room after I cleaned it yesterday. Needs me to drive her here and there. What a waste.

Try overcoming her with kindness and love.

I'm no expert in marriage(6 years) but we've been through two deployments and 2 kids with another on the way. If there is one thing I've learned as the Father/Husband/Leader of the house is that my household runs off of my own leadership and my wifes love towards me is a reflection of my own towards her. Not keeping Tabs, just doing what needs to ne done b/c it needs to be done. We could talk for YEARS on this and write hundreds of books so I'll try not to go off the deep end here :p

Do you treat her the same way you did when you first were married/dated etc? If not, why not?

This might help;
    http://bible.org/article/love-your-wife-sacrificially-ephesians-525-27

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

Well, Happy Birthday! I was wondering what you've been up to these days, Al Bundy!

Here's to hoping the rest of your birthday goes better!:cheers:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    A very wise man for 29. Cheers.

Thank you sir, but I know I still have a Long way to go :D

Just the other day I had a young married man moment with my wife.

She calls me at work right after lunch. I'm in my office sitting down,
    She goes On and On about something with her sister-n-law, this and that, she can't believe she would do this etc.etc I'm doing my best to listen but honestly am dozing a bit with a full stomach. In the end she says, Babe are you listening to me?!
    I say - ...cough..cough yea..yea I'm here babe, you just about put me to sleep...DOH!!!! YIKES!!*Smacks forehead* To myself I thought "Did I just say that!?!?" Retard!
    Of course she says "What?" uh//uh I mean I'm just tired babe, we'll talk more about it when I get home. She says Ok love you bye...me - wipes brow... :mamoru:

Something else to add that I've noticed, I can change the entire attitude of the house just by what I do the first couple minutes after walking through the door from work and I've learned to know what to do within seconds of entering. Most times it involves walking straight to momma who has been waiting all day for dad to come home and get back control of the house from the kids :P Then my kids get what they've been waiting for too. If i've had a rough day I suck it up honestly. b/c if I enter the house, take my boots off at the door, walk to the bedroom and change clothes, then go sit down in the living room and turn on the TV = FAIL Going to be a long evening, and worse tomorrow. Do this and you've screwed up for the next 24 hours until it's time to enter the house again, only this time differently, or...your choice ;)

Like I said I could talk forever abot this stuff. I'm fairly observant and hate conflict so I'm a good studier of how to avoid it. ;) \
    "You have to be willing to yield".

BTW this isn't directly towards you Nomad, just chatting ;)

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    hitman, i dont have any kids, but I am married

and i'll tell you right now, you hit the nail on the head with the entering the house thing

man, if i come in, shower and lay on the couch for some tv, or hop on call of duty, its going to be a looooooong night

but if i come in, spread some feelings around, watch some girly shows or help cook or whatever, by 8 oclock im home free to do whatever i want, as long as i put in that little two hours

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Yes yes yes!!! Entering the home is on the nose.

My bad habit is staying up late. Going to bed and letting him use me as a body pillow even if I'm reading makes the next day nicer. Staying up and missing that cuddle time can be just as bad as coming home grouchy.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Right now my wife works at the same plant I do. She works for a contractor on site and is only a temporary employee for now. She gets home after me so I don't have to worry about coming home grumpy. I do make a point to eat lunch with her when nothing is going on for either of us. I know she looks forward to it and it is nice while it lasts.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Try overcoming her with kindness and love.

I'm no expert in marriage(6 years) but we've been through two deployments and 2 kids with another on the way. If there is one thing I've learned as the Father/Husband/Leader of the house is that my household runs off of my own leadership and my wifes love towards me is a reflection of my own towards her. Not keeping Tabs, just doing what needs to ne done b/c it needs to be done. We could talk for YEARS on this and write hundreds of books so I'll try not to go off the deep end here :p

I'm with you on this one. I've noticed the difference too. When my wife does dumb annoying things, and I snap at her, I wind up with a very quiet night and no interaction, but if I respond with love I wind up with a fun night of family play - with her and my daughter. The next day I wake up happy with myself.

I tell young people that marriage is a competition between you and your spouse to see which one can treat the other better. If you win, you both win.

To the OP, I'm sorry your birthday went down the way it did. At 46 and a half :) I don't even notice my birthday anymore, and my wife asked me to make extra payments on the house instead of buying her jewelry for occasions.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom