Now I Know They Have Completely Gone Nuts- BHO as Jesus?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I believe he calls him the Anointed One. From your comments must I assume you consider the New York Times a bastion of journalistic credibility?

Nope, I generally don't trust much of any news outlet. I watch (or check webites) from Fox, CNN, MSNBC, BBC to get a general idea of what is going on and try to think objectively about what I read.

Is someone this nutty out there? Probably. Is it news? Probably not. Is it something that a majority of Americans think is a great idea? Again probably not. IMO the story and idea are just silly. It reeks of sensationalism and doesn't require much from me.

noblethewhite

B.O.W. Crewmember #515
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Nope, I generally don't trust much of any news outlet. I watch (or check webites) from Fox, CNN, MSNBC, BBC to get a general idea of what is going on and try to think objectively about what I read.

Is someone this nutty out there? Probably. Is it news? Probably not. Is it something that a majority of Americans think is a great idea? Again probably not. IMO the story and idea are just silly. It reeks of sensationalism and doesn't require much from me.

Well as much as I see the media down on their knees sucking his **** it doesn't take too big of the stretch of the imagination for me to believe this could be true. Yea it might be babble, but what the article is saying fake or not is in principle what the mainstream media is doing with him.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    This is worth a repeat post. This is a photo that ran on Yahoo News, I think it's either Reuters or AP - and note that it is a news photo, not a painting or photoshopped pic.

Obama-captphoto_1233957494706-1-0.jpg

noblethewhite

B.O.W. Crewmember #515
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    Since we are debating it, here is a much better story on the subject. Lots more info on the artists intent:

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS190871+24-Apr-2009+PRN20090424

By the news stories and according to the reuters story, the artist is achieving what he wanted "reflecting the personal opinions and emotions of the viewer."

Hey, at least we're not taking things on face value and researching this (what probably 80% or more of people never do, except those on this site, of course ) I would have agreed with this artist's intended response from his painting right up to the point where he put the crown of thorns on him. I'm sorry but that goes beyond the realm of the mirror theory he proposes and squarely lands it in a religious theme. Had he left off the thorns I could have believed the the artist saying is he opening the curtains or closing them. IMO

Top Bottom