Obama loosen gun restriction on immagrents!!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    just as long as the word illegal isnt in front of it, I have no real problem with this....if only they werent trying to take away the same rights from natural born citizens at the same time.

it would have been fine if not for being against MY ownership of firearms while doing this.

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I /fully/ support this legislation, and I feel it's a strong nod /toward/ gun rights, though the foolish President sees it more as immigration rights, I'm sure.

It's not about arming illegal russians, chinese, and mexicans. It's about the immigrants here on work visas, educational visas, or otherwise legally residing in our country before gaining citizenship. Remember that the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is not granted by the Constitution but from a Higher Power. So you do not need to be a citizen of the USA to deserve that right. We reserve the right to deny it to those illegally trespassing here, though, of course :P

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    I /fully/ support this legislation, and I feel it's a strong nod /toward/ gun rights, though the foolish President sees it more as immigration rights, I'm sure.

It's not about arming illegal russians, chinese, and mexicans. It's about the immigrants here on work visas, educational visas, or otherwise legally residing in our country before gaining citizenship. Remember that the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is not granted by the Constitution but from a Higher Power. So you do not need to be a citizen of the USA to deserve that right. We reserve the right to deny it to those illegally trespassing here, though, of course :P

And I guess you have spoken personally with this higher power about this right... right?? :)

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    If they legalize and become citizens, I think they should be able to buy and own a weapon that very day, just like turning 18 or 21.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    If I were legally in another country, I'd sure want the privilege of having a gun.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    It's called throwing the dog a bone. While on the one hand, they want to restore a ban on assault weapons and high capacity magazines....With their other hand, They will throw this bone to "legal immigrants," in order to balance their argument.
    Nothing but smoke and mirrors. If this country wants to curb the violence....Then the answer is as clear as day IMO. End the prohibition of drugs and increase spending on mental health. 50 years ago....The public health system was much better staffed and funded. It's now next to impossible to get help for the mentally ill. When you finally get jump through all of the hoops....There isn't a bed available.

We could both save billions with the money which would be saved by ending of drug enforcement and incarceration and we would then have money to fund our Public health system. Furthermore...the current policies perpetuate crime. Young decent kids searching for drugs....(because they think that will make them "cool") end up hanging around with the criminal elements. They end up being alienated from everyone they know....And get taken in by the drug subculture crowd. It just perpetuates itself. I've seen it happen a hundred times...over and over and over.

I really don't understand the current prohibition on drugs. The Federal Government and State governments could get tax income from drugs and at the same time regulate drug potently. They could easily stop underage use. Just look at cigarettes and beer. Most kids have a harder time getting cigs and alcohol than they do getting drugs.

Instead...the government bans all substances thereby creating a HUGE black market which is fueling gang violence.....Funding gangs and terrorist. And....mankind always wants that forbidden fruit. Make it legal....Demand will decline. Pushers won't be peddling drugs to 12 and 13 year olds. Young men won't be sent to prison where they then get indoctrinated into gangs.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    It's called throwing the dog a bone. While on the one hand, they want to restore a ban on assault weapons and high capacity magazines....With their other hand, They will throw this bone to "legal immigrants," in order to balance their argument.
    Nothing but smoke and mirrors. If this country wants to curb the violence....Then the answer is as clear as day IMO. End the prohibition of drugs and increase spending on mental health. 50 years ago....The public health system was much better staffed and funded. It's now next to impossible to get help for the mentally ill. When you finally get jump through all of the hoops....There isn't a bed available.

I don't see how making meth and cocaine legal would reduce crime. A lot of crimes are committed by those high on said drugs.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I don't see how making meth and cocaine legal would reduce crime. A lot of crimes are committed by those high on said drugs.
    1) If it were legal, you wouldn't have the desire to cut it with cheap **** that makes it dangerous. ETA: I guarantee Bath Salts wouldn't have been made if basic narcotics were legal and easier to get...
    2) You wouldn't have only criminals involved in drugs so the 'character element' goes away to a certain extent
    3) Decriminalization has had magnificent effects in some countries, already
    4) If it were legal here, you would cut off much of the demand for the supply of drugs from China and Mexico that brings those unsavory smuggling bastards

Last edited:
    Top Bottom