Obamacare and You

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    You will never get a single republican to vote for this either! Unless that republican is a democrat!

I'm not sure such an "adjustment" (penalty rate) would require a vote...(?) Of course, if Clinton is POTUS (probable, IMO) she could probably do it with an executive order; even easier if the DEMs take the Senate (let's hope at least that doesn't happen!).

And when I referred to "the main problem" that was not my original words, just repeating what some political hack said when talking about the collapse of Obama Care exchanges.

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I'm not sure such an "adjustment" (penalty rate) would require a vote...(?) Of course, if Clinton is POTUS (probable, IMO) she could probably do it with an executive order; even easier if the DEMs take the Senate (let's hope at least that doesn't happen!).

I would have to agree. They most likely created it so unilateral adjustments can be made similar to how the atf can unilaterally decide the use of an arm brace incorrectly is manufacturing an SBR.

JayKay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    I think the average person has no idea just how damaging Obamacare is and will be in the future. I pay for my own health insurance and it has been a nightmare. My insurance increased by 73% from 2015 to 2016 and that was for a plan with a fraction of the coverage and more than double the deductible. That was the cheapest plan offered that wouldn't require me to change doctors. The plan also doesn't qualify for a Health Savings Account, so I am now paying for my insurance with after tax dollars instead of pre-tax.

I just received a letter from my insurance company indicating that in 2017, my premium will increase another 53%. There are other lesser expensive plans offered by other insurers (though still more than I pay now), but I need to see if those will require changing doctors.

I've even considered dropping health care coverage for the first time in my life, but there are two issues there. 1) I would want catastrophic coverage in case of serious illness, etc., but thanks to Obamacare, you can only obtain catastrophic coverage if you are 30 or younger or if you qualify for a "hardship exemption". 2) The penalty for not having insurance is currently 2.5% of your income for 2016 and I'm sure they will raise that for 2017.

It's amazing how the idiots that voted for this (without ever reading it) still think it's a good idea!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom