OC....Good or Bad?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OC...Good or Bad?

• Total voters

swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    The tactical advantage/disadvantage of OC depends upon the ******* factor of the bad guy. Are they the type to see a warning sign and shoot first or leave be?

OC'ing practicality depends upon the OC'er's sincerity and politeness. Some OC'ers can have an ******* factor (personality-wise, not trigger happy) as well.

I prefer the CC route myself.

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    OC NO BIG DEAL here in Lizard Creek
    Some of our citizens seen Open Carrying at the neighborhood malt shop!

80700375.jpg

Those are the coolest looking purses I've ever seen girls carry:mamoru::)

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    By the by; for the most part OC has never been PC in Urban America. In the 17 and 1800's most towns and cities had laws banning the public display of firearms. I learned that from Wild West Tech on the History Channel.

I always take everything on History Channel with a grain of salt. They always tend to have a leftist political agenda.

I recall reading some years ago about a Senator or Congressman from the Antebellum South who always sat in Congress wearing a bowie knife or a pistol in his belt (he was nicely dressed and a gentleman planter) and I think even had his hunting dogs at his side at times. Nobody thought anything of it. (I'm reminded of this everytime I see the movie The Last Samuri when Katsamoto, the last of the agrarian warrior class, enters the Emperor's counsel hall with his sword and is demanded by the power hungry cowardly Prime Minister to remove it as laws have been passed banning carrying swords)

Fact is, the Wild West wasn't so wild as movies and media would have you believe. People generally policed themselves and carried weapons however. If no sheriff were appointed the town wasn't lawless people policed themselves via vigilance committies or such. The murder rate was far higher in the east than it was anywhere out west. Gunfights didn't happen every day like in the movies. There were no fast draw "make your move" showdowns like in the movies.

Last edited:

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    You also can't take the law for the culture. Just because a law is on the books, does not mean it was how things were. Especially in an era where laws were passed universally with the complete intention of only enforcing it on black folk. Can't put it in WRITING that only blacks must disarm... but you can sure enforce it that way.

tupperware9mm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    The choices don't seem to have much to do with open carry good or bad question except maybe the first one if you squint and hold your head just right. the questions should be is open carry a deterrent or not a deterrent to crime around the carrier. do more or less crime occur in establishments that allow or establishments that dis allow op. etc etc. I usually agree with most all of you posts but this one seemed weird.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    The choices don't seem to have much to do with open carry good or bad question except maybe the first one if you squint and hold your head just right. the questions should be is open carry a deterrent or not a deterrent to crime around the carrier. do more or less crime occur in establishments that allow or establishments that dis allow op. etc etc. I usually agree with most all of you posts but this one seemed weird.

:ugh2:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom