Off Duty Shooting / Food For Thought

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    New Orleans, Lafayette, and SC
    My teacher in my Police Patrol class is now retired and he gave his opinion on off duty LE carrying. He said that he personally does not like to carry off duty, mainly because he doesn't ever want to be put into a situation or be held accountable for something that he doesn't have control over in many cases. I personally don't agree with that, but it makes sense and I can definitely respect that decision.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    My teacher in my Police Patrol class is now retired and he gave his opinion on off duty LE carrying. He said that he personally does not like to carry off duty, mainly because he doesn't ever want to be put into a situation or be held accountable for something that he doesn't have control over in many cases. I personally don't agree with that, but it makes sense and I can definitely respect that decision.

Like being robbed and shot in the face? :rolleyes:

I bet he never wore his vest either because it wouldn;t really stop anything anyway. :rolleyes:

It makes no sense. I would be very suspect of whatever he is teaching if that is his logic.

Ask him if he wears his seatbelt. I am going to guess probably not because it would trap if he went into water. :rolleyes:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    New Orleans, Lafayette, and SC
    Like I said, personally I don't agree with it, but it makes some sense. He was saying that he doesn't want to be held accountable if something happens and he doesn't respond if he is carrying. That way, if he isn't carrying, no one can accuse him of not responding. That was his reasoning as to why he doesn't usually carry.

Top Bottom