OK to film Cops, Good or Bad?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    The guy on the bike is likely a youtube posting idiot.

But... that is a bad situation.

What should LEO do in that situation? Is there regs about how far to go in personal vehicles?

I seem to remember a former BR Chief of Police advising us (after some robberies by a cop impersonator) that we should never pull over for someone in an unmarked car.

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    I was surprised at the guy who leapt out of the car. I thought the cop was behind him (and a marked one ended up there). If the unmarked guy just yelled POLICE right away it would have been better.

Who drives around with helmet cams in order to post wheelie movies on youtube? Tools, that's who.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I seem to remember a former BR Chief of Police advising us (after some robberies by a cop impersonator) that we should never pull over for someone in an unmarked car.

Yeah, pretty much geared towards women and guys who pee sitting down during dark. Not complete cool-guy badasses on crotch rockets in the middle of the day.

Most here are able to tell the difference in many situations between the nefarious blue-light bandit and an unmarked car cutting you off while marked units are trying to effect a traffic stop.

Last edited:

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Okay to film me, as long as you don't get in the way of what I'm lawfully doing. If while filming you interfere or refuse to get out of the way, you're going to jail, too.

BIG1LOST

Displaced Montanan
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    Pineville
    Transparency and accountablity,,,and a reminder that a badge doesn't give them license to forget who they work for,,,and yes,,,I have considered ALL aspects of the situation(s).

kirkdbergeron

Zombie Killah! LOL
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Morgan City, LA
    Oh here we go with the "OMG I WOULDA SHOT THAT GUY BAILING OUT OF A CAR POINTING A GUN AT ME!" crowd.

Really? Was it not perfectly obvious that was an unmarked police car?

And the gun was never pointed at the "victim" in this case.

Did the officer do all the right moves here? NOPE.

First words out of his mouth should have been "POLICE"

But I really get tired of seeing these same ole group that says "OH THAT GUYS LUCKY IT WASN'T ME"

I swear to God it seems like the only reason some of you people exist is the thought that in some manner shape or form you may get to pull a gun on someone for whatever reason you deem necessary.

+1, yup I woulda drawn n probably shot em myself, be under the impression I was getting robbed at gun point, HAD I NOT been aware of the unit behind me....

Last edited:

kirkdbergeron

Zombie Killah! LOL
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Morgan City, LA
    I would have shot myself in the foot in order to sue the department. :o

You know thats a great idea! :D:p:D

But yeah, if your going that fast n acting that stupid on a crotch rocket, be prepared to be pulled over, you KNOW its coming, be lucky its not a swat team all with weapons dawn waiting for you to start screaming "All praises to Alah!"
    :D

Last edited:

biggin215

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The cop definitely should have ID'd himself the second he stepped out of the car... I think we all agree upon that.

Anyone who is doing any sort of public service nowadays (paramedics, firemen, police, etc...) should just expect to be on camera at any moment. Just about every cellphone has the ability to record video and/or audio. Blessing and a curse :/

Maybe that will be some incentive for certain departments to shape up and not trample the constitution they are required to uphold.

kirkdbergeron

Zombie Killah! LOL
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Morgan City, LA
    I do believe this was the Motorcycle riders response...

demotivational-posters-thy-see-me-rollin.jpg

Crews Customs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Lafayette
    I'm going to get bashed for this probably mostly because im a newb on the forum... but the civilian dressed officer is a moron. He says get off the motorcycle, put your hands up... ok well let me just let go of the clutch right quick on a 100+hp gsxr & watch it fly right out from underneath me into you. I'm sure that would be considered assault on a officer even though he would have been following orders. :dunno:

First off, clearly the guy wasn't running because he drops down to the speed of all other vehicles on the road. If he did want to run, no chance in hell either one of those cars (especially the grocery getter malibu) would have a chance in catching him. The only thing faster would be a radio to a unit ahead. Anyone would start backing off when someone pulls up next to you and jumps out of a car and is it really necessary to draw a firearm?

I personally know many people that have had LEO draw on them for riding ATVs and dirtbikes. I can't understand this... but seems like the guy in the vid has a case of the little man syndrome... what was he going to do grabbing the bike like that, rip the windscreen off? lol

Yes the guy on the bike was wrong, but I think it was taken out of hand. I had a LEO try to back up to block me once and he almost ended up running over me and the only law I broke was riding down a closed road (if theres is even such a law) so this subject really upsets me.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I'm going to get bashed for this probably mostly because im a newb on the forum... but the civilian dressed officer is a moron. He says get off the motorcycle, put your hands up... ok well let me just let go of the clutch right quick on a 100+hp gsxr & watch it fly right out from underneath me into you. I'm sure that would be considered assault on a officer even though he would have been following orders. :dunno:

First off, clearly the guy wasn't running because he drops down to the speed of all other vehicles on the road. If he did want to run, no chance in hell either one of those cars (especially the grocery getter malibu) would have a chance in catching him. The only thing faster would be a radio to a unit ahead. Anyone would start backing off when someone pulls up next to you and jumps out of a car and is it really necessary to draw a firearm?

I personally know many people that have had LEO draw on them for riding ATVs and dirtbikes. I can't understand this... but seems like the guy in the vid has a case of the little man syndrome... what was he going to do grabbing the bike like that, rip the windscreen off? lol

Yes the guy on the bike was wrong, but I think it was taken out of hand. I had a LEO try to back up to block me once and he almost ended up running over me and the only law I broke was riding down a closed road (if theres is even such a law) so this subject really upsets me.

Yeah, clearly...:rolleyes:

Wat do you think the unmarked car was? The other marked police car behind him was the one trying to initiate the stop.

SOmething tells me you may have been in the suspects shoes before? :cool:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I've gotten away in much slower. Just sayin. :o

True story...

And I only tell this to further illustrate my lack of perfectness, even though some will later claim I think I am just that.:o

I once had a dude escape me on a moped. :eek3: I swear.

He almost ran over a pedestrian during a parade, and when I dumped it to spin around, my transmission blew.

He just puttered away into the distance as I stood there, car smoking and all in the middle of the parade route.

Yes..... I was properly ridiculed by my peers who instead of trying to catch him, and they could have on foot, simply doubled over laughing as he again...puttered away.

I have had an intense hatred for mopeds ever since. :mad:

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    My question is this: Why do many officer seem to hate bikes so much? I know not all, thats why I said most. But honestly, worst case if they wreck they will just hurt themselves. Driving a big rig at high speed can cause damage to others but if a bike hits someone at 150 its just going to eject the rider, not kill the mom and 2 kids in the Honda Odyssey or the husband and wife in the F-150. I know officers are supposed to "protect and serve" but being stupid isnt illegal and more people die from lung cancer and cirrhosis of the liver than bike wrecks but officers dont arrest people for smoking or alcoholism.

Take it easy on me Brannon, I am posing a question, not starting a pissing match.

Top Bottom