On-line vendors are ridiclious!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajun_64

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Abbeville
    DSG Arms did this to me back in December. Still have not been able to speak to anyone or get a response.

I don't like to throw any business under the buss, but when I can't get a response..... oh well.
    Mean while they have my money, and that I dislike terribly

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    IIRC, there is a law that states if an on-line company sells you a product and it is not delivered within (30) days, they are required by FTC regs to contact you every (30) days to make sure you still want the product.

Check these links out:
    http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0221-billed-merchandise-you-never-received-heres-what-do

http://articles.mcall.com/2012-12-19/news/mc-merchandise-shipment-rules-watchdog-20121219_1_online-orders-bluehippo-internet-sales

Yep, I have some mags backordered with Sportsmans Guide and they email me every 10 days to update status and verify that I'd like to remain on backorder. Only company I've ever had anything like that happen with.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I would cancel if that was the case. Look at what happened to all the people that gave money to American Freedom Firearms. The owner said nothing to anybody, just locked up the store, now everyone is stuck. When I plan to order online, I always call first. I call not only to verify that what I'm ordering is actually in stock, but also to see if a human actually answers the phone. If they don't answer to make a sale, then they surely won't answer to resolve an issue.

O_R_B_1

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    New Orleans, La.
    When/before you cancel READ THE FINE PRINT. Sometimes, vendors want to charge you a CANCELLATION FEE and they will automatically charge your card for whatever the fee may be. If you cancel after 30 days and they charge you a fee, if they did not follow FTC rules, you can file a dispute.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    When/before you cancel READ THE FINE PRINT. Sometimes, vendors want to charge you a CANCELLATION FEE and they will automatically charge your card for whatever the fee may be. If you cancel after 30 days and they charge you a fee, if they did not follow FTC rules, you can file a dispute.

You can file a dispute in any case. The credit card company will almost always side with the card holder. They want to keep the card holder's business and they know the merchant has to deal with them regardless if they want to accept a credit card.

cajun_64

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Abbeville
    I finally did hear back today by email. no response to my question about funds already being taken OR my inquiry on canceling and refunding my money.

BTW, they did say 2-3 months back order on the mags

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    you guys do realize that by NOT giving us the names of these places you ARE HELPING the vendors, and SCREWING US!

post the names, silence only helps the shady vendors, nobody else.

Top Bottom