one step closer...(UPDATE/PICS ADDED)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    lil update fellas:

so i went to academy to "try-on" some guns today after i got off work...the guy that helped me, tj, was real cool n explained a lot of stuff...anywho, i held both guns and let me tell ya, to me, the xd feels like im holding a broom stick(imho)...i couldnt get over the fact that there are no groves for your fingers...im not a lil guy (6' 195lbs) but my hands arent huge either...the lil groves on the glocks, to me, feel more comfortable....i held a few other guns too but by the time he handed them to me n said the name i was already handing them back because i didnt like the grip or size or weight....he also mentioned the safety difference and grip angle which i already knew about...to me i didnt notice a huge diff as far as the angle of the grip; didnt seem to be a problem...the safety wasnt much of a factor as far as comfort but again, i couldnt get past the fact that it didnt have grooves...idk, im sure some aftermarket company makes a grip slide or somethin but even if it was added, its a toss up(minus the shooting, havent done that yet:wtc:)...with all that said, glock still has the edge for me...i like the feel, it weighs less, i cant complain about accuracy heck i did okay at 20 feet for a noob, from what i hear they are extremely reliable....thats the opinion so far, feel free to correct me if im maybe misconstruing something :cool:

If you need to shoot a Glock any more let me know. I no longer own any of the Croatian pistols, maybe someone else will let you shoot one of their's. Buy what works best for YOU, not someone else.

mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    If you need to shoot a Glock any more let me know. I no longer own any of the Croatian pistols, maybe someone else will let you shoot one of their's. Buy what works best for YOU, not someone else.

thats the plan bro...anytime a college student spends ~$550 for anything it better be their preference...lol...thanx for the offer too :cool: i think my mind is made up pretty much though :D

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Glock's grip angle is never a problem for the guy that learns to shoot with Glock. If you like the Glock, buy it. I cut my teeth on 1911's and prefer the XD over the Glock for ergonomics only. Both are reliable and you can't go wrong with either.

BRLAShooter

Smart @$$ Extraordinaire
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Between Glock and Springfield, you're really comparing Apples to, well, apples... Buy whats comfortable... but remember, You can conceal anything you want. Smaller is easier, but I have a .45 XD 5" that I can conceal very easily, and I'm 6ft tall.

It's all in preference, I like the XD's, but I will be buying a SC Glock .45ACP for a backup gun... Let us know what you get!

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    I am 5'4, 135 pounds and can conceal my 4" XD. I don't wear oversized shirts to help conceal or anything like that. The right holster will help you conceal a lot more than you think.

mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    Update

used my lunch break to get fingerprinted and turn in my app...bring on the wait...lady said max 45 days...:wtc: gettin my glock this week most likely...academy or precison?...hmm?...

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    used my lunch break to get fingerprinted and turn in my app...bring on the wait...lady said max 45 days...:wtc: gettin my glock this week most likely...academy or precison?...hmm?...

Precision is a sponsor of the site if that helps your decision. ;)

Gumbo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    Comptac M Tac Minotaur

+1

I haven't actually used mine yet since I'm still waiting on my damn permit, only another week :D, but I'll be honest, I'm not sure if I'll like it. It could be that I won't like any IWB, because I've got 10 extra lbs around my damn waist, which makes it uncomfortable. I'll have to spend some time adjusting the ride height until I find something comfortable.

I should also note that as far as I can tell, your weapon won't snap into place like other Kydex holsters, I suppose because this is a leather/kydex hybrid.

mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    cool...right now im leaning towards the c-tac or infidel holster from comptac...i wish there was a place i could go to try em on...but i dont feel like driving out to houston...lol...i think i heard that they have a pretty cool return policy...something like if u dont care for a particular holster that u buy, u can send it back and trade up...dont know how true it is...guess i'll call em in the morning...

Last edited:

Tainted Cupcake

Eat This.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I have the C-Tac and love it. Comptac has great customer service, I ordered a couple from them to try out and returned what I didn't like.

Also, someone previously mentioned the M&P and I have to agree. While I do really like the G26 and will still buy one in the future, I only thought I loved it till I fondled the M&P 9c which is now my ccw.

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    +1

I haven't actually used mine yet since I'm still waiting on my damn permit, only another week :D, but I'll be honest, I'm not sure if I'll like it. It could be that I won't like any IWB, because I've got 10 extra lbs around my damn waist, which makes it uncomfortable. I'll have to spend some time adjusting the ride height until I find something comfortable.

I should also note that as far as I can tell, your weapon won't snap into place like other Kydex holsters, I suppose because this is a leather/kydex hybrid.

I can feel mine snap into the holster. Try adjusting the retention screws.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom