open carry for someone under 21

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glockboy98

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 26, 2006
    Metairie
    and anyways part of my problem with open/concealed carry is that most people really honestly don't practice enough. That's my only gripe with that issue. And it's not a stereotype issue, i personally dislike seeing rich, white guys with guns as much as poor black guys with them. for the same reason, they'll both go in the range once every other week or so and drop 50 rounds into a target and be scattered all over and miss from 10-15 feet away and be like "damn, i am good" and in reality thats horrible shooting. If you can't put 50 rounds in the 10.9.8 ring you should probably practice alot more and/or get some technical training. once again just my 2 cents, but i know everyone knows more than me here, so i'm just doing this at this point to keep myself entertained. obviously i'm incredibly wrong thinking that it makes no sense what so ever that you can sell a gun to someone legally under the age to buy one, and once said person bought the gun they couldn't even legally buy ammunition for it because they're not 21, oh wait maybe LA has some law saying you can buy ammo for them too??? Zomg's let's look into it. I mean i can buy crack from a guy too, doesn't make it legal though. And since its so legal to private sale it, just give me your info and your 19 year old friends info so i can pass it on to my buddy at the ATF. :rofl:

Last edited:

glockboy98

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 26, 2006
    Metairie
    penguin, the fact that you actually are trying to argue with me over slightly different reading/interpretation of a law is making me laugh somewhat. That's honestly one of the biggest gripes with gun laws, especially dealing on the federal level is that for every different person you ask about something they all say something slightly different(had to deal with it in the past). Secondly, you actually answering no to me saying LA has a law about tap dancing with a shotgun etc etc just shows me you have no sense of humor, but anyway good job on that.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    well if federal law says 21 to buy a handgun, why would LA law say its ok for you to sell one to someone under 21?

Federal law says it's illegal for a BUSINESS THAT HOLDS A LICENSE FROM THE ATF TO SELL WEAPON to sell to persons under 21. There is NO federal law saying ANYTHING in regard to person to person sales. That job is held to each respective state (as they are afforded to under the U.S. constitution).

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    no ambiguity in laws...******** brother. Ask 5 different cops, and you'll get 5 slightly different answers.

Sure, you can get 5 different answers, but that doesn't mean that all 5 are right. The ambiguity doesn't lie in the law, it lies in the person who doesn't know how to interpret it. I'll tell you what. Go call ANY federal or district prosecutor and you tell me who it is who says a person can't sell a handgun to someone in the state of la who is over the age of 18.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    obviously i'm incredibly wrong thinking that it makes no sense what so ever that you can sell a gun to someone legally under the age to buy one, and once said person bought the gun they couldn't even legally buy ammunition for it because they're not 21,

No, I agree, it's dumb. However, it's the law.

oh wait maybe LA has some law saying you can buy ammo for them too??? Zomg's let's look into it.

No, there is no law. Feel free to look into it. But as it seems, you really don't bother looking into the law alot.

I mean i can buy crack from a guy too, doesn't make it legal though.

WTF? That doesn't even make sense.

And since its so legal to private sale it, just give me your info and your 19 year old friends info so i can pass it on to my buddy at the ATF. :rofl:

Ok, my name is Placito Miceli. As a matter of fact, why not post your ATF friends name here. I'll be more than happy to call him.

Last edited:

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    penguin, the fact that you actually are trying to argue with me over slightly different reading/interpretation of a law is making me laugh somewhat.

There is NO different reading of the law. WHERE...JUST SHOW ME WHERE it says that A person under the age of 21 CAN NOT buy a handgun from a private party in La. I've already posted the EXACT STATUTE yet you still have some belief that there can be a different law.

That's honestly one of the biggest gripes with gun laws, especially dealing on the federal level is that for every different person you ask about something they all say something slightly different(had to deal with it in the past).

Ok, tell me ONE person that is a LEO. JUST ONE that I can call and confirm with that will tell me that a person 18 or over in the state of LA can't buy a handgun from another private party. All I need is one. I mean, since you keep quoting all these ATF people and all these LEOs that will give differing opinions.

Secondly, you actually answering no to me saying LA has a law about tap dancing with a shotgun etc etc just shows me you have no sense of humor, but anyway good job on that.

What? I was referring to 'but honestly for every different person reading these laws, they'll somehow get a slightly different "meaning" of the law'.

Look, there is no point in arguing with you in regard to this anymore. You don't know the law pertaining to handgun ownership and purchasing and you can't distinguish the difference between federal and state laws.

glockboy98

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 26, 2006
    Metairie
    jesus christ i give up. you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. See it your way, and i'll see it mine. At least i won't be getting ass raped in jail my way though...*shrugs shoulders*

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Glockboy, I'm not saying you're not intelligent or anything. I hope you don't take it that way. What I'm saying is that your reading of the law is incorrect.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    jesus christ i give up. you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. See it your way, and i'll see it mine. At least i won't be getting ass raped in jail my way though...*shrugs shoulders*

Ok, fine, see it your way. I'll post again: I call you out on your ATF agent friend.

glockboy98

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 26, 2006
    Metairie
    well i don't dig giving out names on the internet...but tomorrow i'll call the guy we go to at the ATF about it and see what he has to say. Also, my boss was JP reserve so there's one LEO and i'll ask every LEO i see tomorrow to tell me what they think...if it turns out wrong, oh well i was giving bum information and apologize greatly for the confusion, but we shall see.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    well i don't dig giving out names on the internet...but tomorrow i'll call the guy we go to at the ATF about it and see what he has to say. Also, my boss was JP reserve so there's one LEO and i'll ask every LEO i see tomorrow to tell me what they think...if it turns out wrong, oh well i was giving bum information and apologize greatly for the confusion, but we shall see.

Not a problem. Feel free to have him call me if you need. Also, give a call to the AGs office. I'll give you that number if you need.

glockboy98

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 26, 2006
    Metairie
    on a side note, sorry penguin if i was being somewhat offensive. I can be a stubborn *******, but yeah i'm going to look into it tomorrow, just more so for everyone's benefit not proving either of ourselves wrong, cause i'm actually somewhat curious to know 100% myself.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Don't be sorry man. Hell, as you can tell I'm a stubborn ******* too! As long as it doesn't devolve into personal attacks, then it's just a debate. I hate all those PC ******* sites that would have killed something like this. In the end, as long as we can agree that we are both adults and this one thread doesn't define who we are and that's it's just a heated debate, then everything is fine.

Top Bottom