Outrage in LC over police shooting dog..Petition link update

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Someone is going to get killed over this type of thing one day, when the wrong dog is shot in the presence of the wrong owner. They'll go blind with rage, and then the officer's safety really will be at stake...

Crappy situation whenever it pops up, but... especially in this case, it seems pretty damn hard to avoid.

I say stick the fleeing suspect with some extra charge at the very least.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    There is going to be no justification. Whether the cop is technically right or wrong...this will be unjustifiable.

Were I the dog owner my lawyer would be driving Lamborghini's when this was over. And of course I'd be on a giant Harley and owning an offshore boat named Monkey

Please, I have been jumped by dogs all my life for one thing or another, there has always been an alternative to killing them.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Bad situation, but I side with the cop. Lady should have left her gate closed - cop should have used less lethal on the dog. It can go both ways...

It's believed one of the suspects left the gate open after fleeing through it

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    Someone is going to get killed over this type of thing one day, when the wrong dog is shot in the presence of the wrong owner. They'll go blind with rage, and then the officer's safety really will be at stake...

Hopefully sooner rather than later. I know that the bad cops are a minority, but they sure as hell do seem to get away with the things they do more often than not.

Last edited:

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Hopefully sooner rather than later.

You're hoping an officer gets shot? I've loved my dogs and, in the heat of the moment, I might do something stupid if a cop killed it, but I wouldn't say that a cop needs to be killed for shooting the dog. It's still just an animal and hopefully I'm never in that situation.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Too bad the damned suspects didn't get shot.

and since I am very familiar with that area I could venture a guess as to the names of the " suspects ". I lived within a few blocks, our property dropped by near half b/c of this very thing. I'm so dam glad to be gone from BR West.

It's an ongoing crime area...merchants, cops, no one is able to control it and this crap is the result.

Of course throw in the fact that LCPD is one of the lowest paid PD's in the state, I'd guess they are one of the least trained.

Except for the PI officer...he's really good.;)

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    You're hoping an officer gets shot? I've loved my dogs and, in the heat of the moment, I might do something stupid if a cop killed it, but I wouldn't say that a cop needs to be killed for shooting the dog. It's still just an animal and hopefully I'm never in that situation.

If they kill someone's dog for approaching them, then yes, I hope they get shot. A badge isn't supposed to mean that someone is above the law, but it seems like lately it does. That's how I see it. If you don't like that, well, I really don't care.

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    If they kill someone's dog for approaching them, then yes, I hope they get shot. A badge isn't supposed to mean that someone is above the law, but it seems like lately it does. That's how I see it. If you don't like that, well, I really don't care.

Well said...if a cop is going to justify shooting a dog to me, he's going to have to prove that there was NO other way. IN this case I seriously doubt that can happen, some hothead or just plain rookie out of control is at fault. At any rate someone is out of a job at the very least.

18942928_BG1.jpg

Last edited:

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    Well then, I hope you get shot someday after you shoot at cops and miss because they shoot your dog. But, I don't hope you die. I hope you get shot, then sent to jail for shooting at cops.

I never said anything about me having any intent to shoot at cops for killing a dog, but I'll sure applaud someone who does so long as the dog isn't attacking them. Besides, I don't even have a dog.

Try actually reading a post instead of skimming it and making assumptions.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom