Outrage in LC over police shooting dog..Petition link update

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    If they kill someone's dog for approaching them, then yes, I hope they get shot. A badge isn't supposed to mean that someone is above the law, but it seems like lately it does. That's how I see it. If you don't like that, well, I really don't care.

That's fine. Not sure why you feel like being an *******, though.

I asked you to clarify something and provided a reason I believe the opposite. It's still deplorable the officer acted that way, but I don't think he deserves to die for it.

wickedinhere

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Kinder
    He will get away with it i promise you that, he might get desk duty or a week off with pay at the most. Its bad when the police are scared of a dog he acted as if a pack of wild dogs had him on the ground ripping him apart. He sounds like a scared PU**Y to me i think he better go get his old job back at Wal-Mart!

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    No matter what the circumstances are?

JR1572

Show me there was no other way that I could have avoided the shooting...somehow I don't see you as a dog shooter though.

We will all defend life and limb, but there is a scary number who will kill animals for fun. Just no way this deal in LC is going to fly.

One reason, I know of this family, they aren't bystanders. There is a few bucks and friends involved. There will be an empty cop car soon, at least for a while.

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    At any rate someone is out of a job at the very least.

I sincerely doubt that. This phenomenon has become common enough it's been given the term "puppycide by cop". After dozens of stories like this, the most severe "consequence" for anyone I've read of is that one department has rewritten its policy on use of force on dogs. Bad cops know perfectly well that they can get away with shooting a dog whenever and wherever they feel like it, for any or no reason, without fear of punishment. That is why I have such a hardline view of this issue.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    He will get away with it i promise you that, he might get desk duty or a week off with pay at the most. Its bad when the police are scared of a dog he acted as if a pack of wild dogs had him on the ground ripping him apart. He sounds like a scared PU**Y to me i think he better go get his old job back at Wal-Mart!

Have you made a decision yet ??

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I sincerely doubt that. This phenomenon has become common enough it's been given the term "puppycide by cop". After dozens of stories like this, the most severe "consequence" for anyone I've read of is that one department has rewritten its policy on use of force on dogs. Bad cops know perfectly well that they can get away with shooting a dog whenever and wherever they feel like it, for any or no reason, without fear of punishment. That is why I have such a hardline view of this issue.

Not this time. Wait and see.

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    That's fine. Not sure why you feel like being an *******, though.

I asked you to clarify something and provided a reason I believe the opposite. It's still deplorable the officer acted that way, but I don't think he deserves to die for it.

You know what? You're right. I apologize. I reacted badly because I was expecting the usual response given whenever someone dares criticize police on this site.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Show me there was no other way that I could have avoided the shooting...somehow I don't see you as a dog shooter though.

We will all defend life and limb, but there is a scary number who will kill animals for fun. Just no way this deal in LC is going to fly.

One reason, I know of this family, they aren't bystanders. There is a few bucks and friends involved. There will be an empty cop car soon, at least for a while.

Yrdawg,

I didn't watch the video. What you quoted me on is simply the question "if" a dog shooting gets ruled as "justified" wanting to shoot the shooter (cop or not) is just plain ludicrous. If you shot my dog because he was acting an ass and you had no other options, why would I be mad? Really.

There are other ways to deal with dogs than shooting them. Just saying...

We all will defend life and limb, however last time I checked dogs, cats, and livestock are property.

JR1572

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Here is what will really happen in the real world. If I am chasing a suspect and while in the pursuit of that suspect a dog appears to become aggressive towards me I will not get bitten. If I believe it's serious enough to go through all of the hassle and paperwork to use deadly force then I will do just that. You will not shoot me for shooting your dog so I'm calling ******** on that one. You can type all the things that make you feel warm and fuzzy inside but in reality you will use your better judgement. You wonder why officers get on here and label you as a cop haters

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I love how people act like the officer was just skipping down the street whistling zippidy-doo-dah when he up and decided shoot the dog in cold blood.

They were chasing armed car jackers. I'm sure their adrenaline was pumping and their minds were in survival mode. It's a factor that can't be overlooked, these guys are not robots.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    I can't cite the case, but I seem to remember that the courts consider a dog to be property. If you shoot a dog, you are only responsible for the cost of a replacement. I hunted with a guy that shot a deer dog, and that was the outcome. And since when do you get the death penalty for shooting a dog??

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom