Palo Alto Rifle and Pistol Club

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    phil, when my .308 and .357 magnum get sent to me from my moms house in florida, ill get in touch with you and we can go out there one day...havent shot my guns in a long time.

Top Kek

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    nola
    that place looks really nice... too bad I'm not a member!
    i'm glad i joined, it paid itself off within the first year of my membership.

dues are $150/yr + a one time initiation fee.

the board may be a bit restrictive on new members now that there has been some range abuse, though.

Devil Dog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Very nice range. We use it to rifle qual. I think they built the 500 yrd line so we could use it. Nice guys to. They made the Marines jambalaya for lunch. To bad it's so far away.

Brians_45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2006
    Maurepas, LA
    I am a member there. If anyone would like a $5 tour (my cost for bringing a guest), let me know. I love the place and try to get out there at least every other weekend. :)

Top Kek

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    nola
    I am a member there. If anyone would like a $5 tour (my cost for bringing a guest), let me know. I love the place and try to get out there at least every other weekend. :)
    have you been cleared to shoot on the 600 by a board member? ron cliebert showed me the "procedures" when i met up with him out there one morning for the latest safety deal so i could get the new gate code.

if you have, we should meet out there one morning and shoot it, i haven't gone shooting since around march.

Brians_45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2006
    Maurepas, LA
    have you been cleared to shoot on the 600 by a board member? ron cliebert showed me the "procedures" when i met up with him out there one morning for the latest safety deal so i could get the new gate code.

if you have, we should meet out there one morning and shoot it, i haven't gone shooting since around march.

No, I haven't been cleared to shoot on the 600 yd range. I don't have a rifle set up for it yet. As soon as I finish this 1911 build I am planning on a 6.5 Grendel just for that range. :)

No problem on meeting out there, assuming that work and weather allow it. Let me know what you have in mind.

scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Start a "tactical" range so all the "tactical" shooters can gather in there "tactical" pants:rolleyes: , "tactical" shirts:mamoru: , "tactical" underoos:rofl: , and do "tactical shooting". LOL And don't forget the homeys and their highpoints.
    Yup. It grinds my gears when I'm trying to make the best shot of my life and somebody down the line is practicing their "tactical" work. Kinda distracting.

Top Kek

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    nola
    i've never had any issues shooting there and sometimes we've made the place sound like a warzone.

yes, it is pretty chicken-**** the way it was handled.

but also understand this:
    (edited after double checking with roommate, who is also a member) 3 times within a year is the maximum a guest can visit the range. after that, membership is required. this is regardless of your shooting habits.

Last edited:

scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    " .480 Eargensplitten LoudenBoomer " I'll have you know that I shoot a .508 Eargensplitten Gutunemasher LoudenBoomer nowadays!!!!!!! .480's are for gurlz!!!:D
    Sounds like the 3 visits a year thing was the main crux.

I get a kick out of the guys with the "wundermags" who couldn't shoot the windows out of a telephone booth (remember those?) if they were standing inside with the door closed. I actually had a guy argue with me years ago that I was undergunned with my 30-06 and that I needed a 7MM Mag to hunt deer in the swamp.:eek3: Hell, I thought I was overgunned. My main riffle back then was a .44 Mag.

Maybe as a matter of "range ettiquete" (sp?), save the "tactical" and/or defensive shhoting for days when you have the range to yourself.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    So more than likely I cannot shoot my machine guns there?

JR1572

Absolutely you cannot. The lease with the landowner contains a specific prohibition against full auto. The agreement yo sign when you join contains the same prohibition.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Ok

Absolutely you cannot. The lease with the landowner contains a specific prohibition against full auto. The agreement yo sign when you join contains the same prohibition.

That's cool. I would like to check the place out, but the no MG clause is a bummer. I'm sure if I joined I would be able to pick up some long range pointers from you guys.

JR1572

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I know. I would love it if they were allowed. I enjoy shooting them from time to time.

On the long range stuff, just drop me an email if you want to shoot. I ma pretty sure we will be having some clinics in the next couple of months. There seems to be a lot of interest in across the course service rifle shooting. You don't need to join to come watch or even shoot in a match. 1st and 3rd Saturdays are match days.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I know. I would love it if they were allowed. I enjoy shooting them from time to time.

On the long range stuff, just drop me an email if you want to shoot. I ma pretty sure we will be having some clinics in the next couple of months. There seems to be a lot of interest in across the course service rifle shooting. You don't need to join to come watch or even shoot in a match. 1st and 3rd Saturdays are match days.

Let us know when the next clinic is. I've been interested in one.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Is it feasible for a solo shooter to use the 600 range. Obviously, you wouldn't be able to use the pits, so do you guys use the 600 on your own and how do you work it out if so. I guess a pricey spotting scope would be in order?

Top Bottom