Past 24 hour gas prices

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    In less than 24 hours, fuel prices have gone up 20cents per gallon near my house. Yesterday the local Shell had regular unleaded for $3.19. At about 3pm, it was at $3.25. By this morning it was up to $3.39. I realize that fuel prices change rapidly but 20 cents in 20 hours? Any idea what could have set off the sudden spike? Usually there is some sort of polital or natural disaster that causes such things. Did I miss something?

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    Iran can suck it. Trying to kill ambassadors. That news prolly made everyone in the middle east tighten their butt cheeks and drove the prices up.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    A month ago gas was in the $3.60 range. No one complained when the price went down.

Of course it's a conspiracy. Anything that isn't logical to us is a conspiracy.
    :squint:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Gas has been pretty steady in my area. :dunno:

It's around $3.35 and has been for a while. There is one Exxon in Metairie that's at $3.19 so I fill up there.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    I think Irans aukmudeenajad notified all the gas sta. owners in the U.S. who are of middle eastern descent and told them to go up on the price or their relatives in the ME might be beheaded.

It could be that way, you know. How do we know for sure. We should all take foreign language courses so we can shop at the gas/conv. stores.

They don't like Americans but they do like our money.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    The station right next to my house only jumped from 3.09 to 3.15 a few days ago....

All of the other stations in the nearby towns have jumped 15 - 25 cents a gallon average...If I had to guess average price around $3.30 or so...

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    A month ago gas was in the $3.60 range. No one complained when the price went down.

Of course it's a conspiracy. Anything that isn't logical to us is a conspiracy.
    :squint:

I know the rise and fall is "to be expected" but I was curious as to why it jumped so much in so little time. I would bet my ass that it wouldn't drop $0.20 in the same time period.

some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    That just how it goes and it pisses my off . When its on a decline its a slooooooooow decline for prices . But when prices rise its a sudden jump and before u know you are paying about a 1/3 more per fill up .

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I just drove from New Orleans to Austin, TX and back, and I didn't notice anything unusual about gas prices. They fluctuated within a normal range. Here in Old Metairie, the price remains around $3.19 - just as it has been for weeks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jonah95
    Top Bottom