Pepper Spray advice

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    As I understand, the best course of action is to spray them with Freeze+P in the chest then tase them. :o

Depending on what version Freeze+P you are using version you MAY set them on fire. OC OR TASE.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    The Kimber LifeAct Guardian Angel OC units work well. I purchased one of the units and a practice unit for my mother about a year ago. She carries it every day on her belt.

I didn't let her spray me with it but it is 12% Pharmaceutical Grade Oleoresin Capsicum (OC Spray) flying at about 90 miles an hour so it couldn't possibly feel good...

You can get them for around 40 bucks most places and I think the same from Kimber's onlince store.
    George Hill of MadOgre.com works in a huge gun store in Utah, and is a big fan of Kimber firearms. In September, a guy in the store accidentally discharged the Kimber OC unit in his own face at a range of 2' max. He calmly put the unit back in the case, and coolly walked to the restroom. (Click here and scroll down to 9/24/2008 to read the details.) I'm sure the guy was in pain, but he was absolutely functional after taking the blast full-force. George was NOT impressed at all.

I think the short version is that there is no surefire, 100% effective wonder spray. ANY form of spray may or may not work on a given individual.

(And if it were me, I'd only bike or jog around Loyola in an M1 Abrams tank! :D)

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    George Hill of MadOgre.com works in a huge gun store in Utah, and is a big fan of Kimber firearms. In September, a guy in the store accidentally discharged the Kimber OC unit in his own face at a range of 2' max. He calmly put the unit back in the case, and coolly walked to the restroom. (Click here and scroll down to 9/24/2008 to read the details.) I'm sure the guy was in pain, but he was absolutely functional after taking the blast full-force. George was NOT impressed at all.

I think the short version is that there is no surefire, 100% effective wonder spray. ANY form of spray may or may not work on a given individual.

(And if it were me, I'd only bike or jog around Loyola in an M1 Abrams tank! :D)

It does not work instantly.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    No spray is going to be 100% effective on 100% of the population 100% of the time.
    Be it Capstun, Freeze, or whatever.

But there is a reason more departments carry Freeze +P than anything else.
    It is effective over a broader range of the population and, more importantly, the bean counters and risk management types like it......................

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    When I was in LEO and military I was sprayed with OC, Freeze +p, tear gas, all kicked my ass, we were using it in training for us to be able to operate firearms and radios if we were accidently exposed to the chemicals, it was very hard to, but we were able to radio for help and dry fire a training gun at a target, all are successful products and would deter an 99.9% of assailants, we did have 1 mental suspect that was not affected, but the other hundreds of times it did work very well, most police supply outlets do sell small dispensers of OC and Freeze +P, for the general public for women

Keller

Walmitfahrer #478
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Baton Rouge/Covington
    Thanks, Paul. Beautiful write-up. I read it before even thinking about starting a thread about OC.

So here's what I've come up with thus far:

Mace Triple-Action Pocket:
    http://www.mace.com/index.php/product/index/id/19

I like the idea of having tear-gas and UV dye. Let some "canadian" try anything on my sister, and believe me I will be scouring the streets of New Orleans with a black-light, razor wire and a chain.

Thanks guys.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    Thanks, Paul. Beautiful write-up. I read it before even thinking about starting a thread about OC.

If you start a thread about OC, someone will get banned.. Use the Search button.. Screw it.. Make one, I need some entertainment in the AM anyways.

Keller

Walmitfahrer #478
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Baton Rouge/Covington
    If you start a thread about OC, someone will get banned.. Use the Search button.. Screw it.. Make one, I need some entertainment in the AM anyways.

Not OC, as in Open Carry. I am referring to Oleoresin Capsicum... a chemical present in Red Pepper and Cayenne, used in pepper spray.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    I read Paul Gomez's article on pepper-spray. It's in the forums. OC was a term he, as well as others on here have used in this thread in reference to pepper-spray.

Did someone **** in your Cheerios?

Nope.. not at all.. Goto BRPS and buy a can of 2K3 Freeze +P with the flip top. she'll be all set.. Have her test it monthly, preferably not in a confined space. Short 1 sec burst will be suffice.

I eat Wheaties... Breakfast of Champions

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I read Paul Gomez's article on pepper-spray. It's in the forums. OC was a term he, as well as others on here have used in this thread in reference to pepper-spray.

Did someone **** in your Cheerios?

In the self defense training world, OC is a term most commonly associated with pepper spray. During the past year this board, not surprisingly, has in large measure commandeered the term for use by the Open Carry proponents.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom