Phone upgrade time what to get?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KaCajun Boy

Crazy Kracker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    NOLA
    So I looked in the search and didn't really find what I was looking for so I figured I'd ask ya'll what smart phone ya'll have and how you like it. First some of my phone back ground to help ya'll out. Well I had an iPhone for the last 4 years (3G and currently a 4Gs) and I loved them both but I don't know if I should go with another iPhone and get the 5 or the 5s or make a total change and get something like the Samsung Galaxy S5. I'm used to the iPhone of course since I had them for 4 years. Did anyone make the switch from an iPhone to something like the Galaxy and how did you like it? I just don't know if I should make the switch or stick to what I know so please give me some feed back.
    Thanks

jbadjones

Rating - 96.7%
    119   4   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Natchitoches
    It was definitely an adjustment, but I went from an iPhone 4 to the Samsung s4. I like the Samsung alot more. Just personal preference for me. I also have the iPhone 5s for work and still prefer my Samsung.

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    Like jbadjones I switched from a iphone to Samsung. My first was a s3 now I have a note3. Great phones. The note is big so you need to get one in your hands and try it out before buying and if you don't need or want the ability to make notes on the screen then the s5 would be a better choice. Once you get used to how they differ from the iphone you'll discover that the Samsungs do just about everything better than the iphone.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Apple is coming out with a new one soon. Im waiting to see, but I might get something different just because I like the big screens of other brands.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I've had iPhones since 2009, but after using my girlfriend's Samsungs (Galaxy S3 and now a Note 2) and me having a Galaxy Tab for the past year, I'll be getting a Note 3 or S5 next month. I very much prefer them to iPhones. I had planned to get an S4 before I got my current iPhone and regretted not doing so within a day of getting my new phone. It's just personal preference, I tell my mom and grandparents to just get iPhones and iPads.

I'm also going to do some research into the Nexus. My computer nerd friend says it's the best thing out right now, but I don't know if it has anything relevant to me, and I'm already familiar with Samsungs.

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    Apple is so restrictive. Most major companies as well as Realtors are switching to android. I had iphone for 4 years and switched to the Samsung Galaxy s2 now have the note 3. Love it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

KaCajun Boy

Crazy Kracker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    NOLA
    I think that's the one thing I don't like is how big the galaxy s5 is I like a phone to eaisly fit in my pants pocket or my top shirt pocket on my work clothes.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    My wife just switched from an iPhone 5 to a Galaxy S5. Playing around with it I really like it, but it's just too big and I'm too engrained in Apple/Mac products to ever switch. I wouldn't mind something a *tiny* bit bigger than my iPhone 5 though, so I'm looking forward to seeing what the iPhone 6 is like.

Judge Mental

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Prairieville
    Left Apple for the S4, in part to be "in that number", help Apple evolve. They cant continue to release the same phone and expect customer loyaly. Initially regretted the decision but with some updates, its gotten better. If Apple will

a) offer a larger screen
    b) offer malleable interface, widgets and ****
    c) allow apps from other sources

I'd gladly come back.

LoniJo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2014
    Elizabeth, LA
    It was definitely an adjustment, but I went from an iPhone 4 to the Samsung s4. I like the Samsung alot more. Just personal preference for me. I also have the iPhone 5s for work and still prefer my Samsung.

Me too. My iPhone 4 kept.freezing up, wouldn't let me update. I hated it and that was after 4 years as an iPhone user. Love, love, love my Galaxy s4.

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    iPhone 5s user here. No complaints at all and it syncs seamlessly with my MacBook which is nice. The size of samsung offerings is a big turnoff for me. The iPhone is just right IMO. Then again, I've never "used" a galaxy.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    They do make a mini version of the Galaxy phones.

We've always had droids. Samsung makes great phones but there is one problem. Customer support isn't there. We had a Charge which had all kind of known glitches, Samsung said sorry, too bad, our new phone doesn't have that problem, upgrade. I had a Nexus. Worked great, they did an upgrade, heat problems now causes the phone to shut down if you charge it inside a case.

Since I got aggravated with opening the Nexus case, I removed it and dropped it. Now I have to decide which phone to get again.

Looking at the razor mini. Not sure I like a phone without a removable battery.

Mxav

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    New Orleans
    I've been with Apple for a good part of my life but ever since I left and went with the HTC phone, I will never go back. Their technology is so much better, it seems like every new "feature" Apple comes out with, my phone has already had it. Change can be good, I'm glad I stepped out of my shell.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    And that's why there is a size difference. To fit the new technology into a phone they had to make the phone bigger. The bigger screen is to accommodate the extra tech, not the other way around.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eddie Landry
    Top Bottom