Police tases 14 yo girl

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Doesn't look foul to me, considering the SOP of taser usage.

She's clearly resisting him; the shoddy video leaves no room for debate about that. "Hands up" is a misnomer; it appears to me that she was just being very animated with them and not surrendering-- but in any event, the video doesn't illustrate that. Furthermore, he is well into the process of aiming and pressing the trigger on the taser at that point. Human reaction times have to be taken into account-- especially those exacerbated by adrenaline dumps.

Don't resist, don't get tased. Simple enough. I'm sure he could have easily overpowered her through typical grappling means-- and likely injured her in the process. Better some mild bruises from a fall and a quick shock back to reality than a dislocated wrist and the potential for long term damage.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    Same old B.S.......somone not wanting to comply with the law and got tased......you get out of something what you put into it !!!

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Yeah with the missing chunk I can't pass judgement. Still I don't think a 14 year old girl should be tazed.

I certainly understand the sentiment. However...

Old enough to get pregnant = old enough to get tased.

Or more specifically, old enough to resist an LEO = old enough to get tased.

I heard it from my dad, as I'm sure several on the board heard it from their own. "If you think you're man enough..."

Slim

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    Metairie

I heard it from my dad, as I'm sure several on the board heard it from their own. "If you think you're man enough..."

Agreed 100%

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville

I don't really agree tazers in general. Why is the billy club not acceptable anymore?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Call me crazy; but judging by the hue of the eyewitnesses, I'd say this white cop hasn't got a chance. What a brilliant defense by the cop though; "She was using her booksack as a shield."

And how did the video magically pan and isolate this, again?!?!

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Really? Why is that? I much rather be tazed then slapped in the head with a baton. Then again I would rather neither, but you get the point.

Maybe I'm too young (since now the doctrine is to just zap someone) but I haven't heard about anyone dying from a baton. It seems like every few months there is a story about someone dying from a tazer.

In all fairness I do not search out either incident, I just see what comes across my news feed.

Last edited:

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.4%
    27   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    Depending on what happened in the missing portion, I almost always disagree with tazing a child.
    Unfortunately, most people do not walk around with a sign around their neck with their age printed on it. With the way young girls act and dress, it is often difficult to tell a 13-14 year old from a 20 year old. Granted, if she was walking home from school it's reasonable to believe that she is 18 or younger, but how is the officer supposed to know which it is?

Of course, resist not, tased not.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Unfortunately, most people do not walk around with a sign around their neck with their age printed on it. With the way young girls act and dress, it is often difficult to tell a 13-14 year old from a 20 year old. Granted, if she was walking home from school it's reasonable to believe that she is 18 or younger, but how is the officer supposed to know which it is?

Of course, resist not, tased not.

Oooooh, I stand corrected. This post made me think of my 15 year old daughter who looks like shes in her early 20's. She inherited my temper and her bitchy mother's bitchy attitude. It wouldn't surprise me if she gets sassy with an LEO and end up in a scuffle. So if she were to get tazed, that would be her own damn fault. I KNOW she would rather take that punishment rather the one I do, which is cell phone confiscation.

Top Bottom