Police tases 14 yo girl

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    Race of participants: confirmed

Why is it that .uk links are always the ones passed around, is it that people prefer people who can actually type/edit in English, or is it that the .uk have an agenda, or that our newsites are not allowed to show stuff that makes cops look bad?
    Just a trend I've noticed over the past forever.

The reports are that he tazed her in the GROIN!

Moisture helps conduct electricity

/window seat please

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Tazers are so safe some departments have gotten rid of them all together, maybe during taser training instead of a small short burst with someone on both sides to catch you as you fall, let a complete stranger come in pissed at the world light them up as they intend to do to others and maybe they would be a little more responsible with them. I didn't need to watch the video to know a 14 year old shouldn't be tasered. Hand cuffs and the back seat of the unit should be suffice. You can't handle a 14 year old girl maybe you should rethink careers. Just saying!

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I guess you are saying if they are old enough to get pregnant they should know better than to resist arrest. Right?

Essentially, yes.

Kids that age feel grown up enough to have children of their own-- or at least practice unsafe sex and end up with them. They say children are growing up faster and earlier every day. I'd bet dimes to dollars the girl has a peer or friend through association who practices those behaviors, or even has a kid of their own. By association, behavior and projected image-- she should have known better. Act like an adult, get tased like an adult.

I know it doesn't make sense to a lot of you... "wisened" folks... But 14 is not a "child" anymore. Sure, there are some that are far closer to that description than others-- but it's certainly a rarity. Still, by that age, you oughta know that your actions have consequences. If not, you need a lesson before you become a burden on the rest of the planet and/or find your life totally destroyed. A justified jolt of reality goes a long way, especially in lieu of a serious physical altercation.

Of course, chances are in this girl's case, she'll be babied by her parents, the community... maybe even the courts, and come away worse at her core than if she'd have been given some jail time along with the prongs and juice. I can tell you without question, if that were me, regardless of the circumstances, I'd have been punished at home for failing to comply with the LEO. And I'm a pretty darn great person, if I do say so myself. :rofl:

mikepizz

LA CHP INSTRUCTOR # 308
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Maurepas, LA
    Once again, fight or resist the cops, whatever happens after that is on you.

so buster48, say you and your daughter, who is 14 and cute, are driving down the road and are pulled over by the cops. and lets say they pull your 14 and cute daughter out of the car and start feeling her up in the most inappropriate places on her body. You try and intervene and are considered fighting and or resisting the cops, it would be ok, in your mind, to be tased? wake up america.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    so buster48, say you and your daughter, who is 14 and cute, are driving down the road and are pulled over by the cops. and lets say they pull your 14 and cute daughter out of the car and start feeling her up in the most inappropriate places on her body. You try and intervene and are considered fighting and or resisting the cops, it would be ok, in your mind, to be tased? wake up america.

Ok, I'll play along.

Say you and your 43 year old aunt are water skiing in the Dead Sea, and a Martian saucer hovers over and abducts both of you. As soon as you are in the ship, they strap you down and things start getting all anal proby mighty quick. Your only weapon is a plastic spoon you had for some pudding after your ski session.

WHAT DO YOU DO
    WHAT DO YOU DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Had the police set up an ICX platform this would not have been an issue. The girl then would have complied. But only if it was manned.

BWWWWAAAAHHHHHH.....

Last edited:

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Ok, I'll play along.

Say you and your 43 year old aunt are water skiing in the Dead Sea, and a Martian saucer hovers over and abducts both of you. As soon as you are in the ship, they strap you down and things start getting all anal proby mighty quick. Your only weapon is a plastic spoon you had for some pudding after your ski session.

WHAT DO YOU DO
    WHAT DO YOU DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

O **** :rofl::bowrofl::rofl:

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    She wasn't acting like an adult.

Touché.

But people 3 times her age don't act like adults either, in the same circumstances.

Like Mike pointed out, there are definitely circumstances to consider and quite clearly excessive use of force is a real concern and threat. But on a busy street, in the middle of the day, with dozens of witnesses around... I can't imagine what grave injustice was being done to this girl that warranted her fighting (physically) with the officer.

And I have no sympathy for people who bring things upon themselves. We've got a pretty crummy video here, no substantiation, no sense of what happened before the LEO arrived or what his intentions were. So it's hard to say definitively what went down, what was legit, etc. The one thing that is clear is that she resisted, swatted his hands away, and gave him a shove. By now, everyone with a functional brain should know what follows that type of response...

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I watched the video, seems rather excessive to me. I hope her parents sue the school, the department, and the officer. I hope as a result the department removes tasers from use and the next time two or more of the officers are fighting some grown man who is kicking there ass they relize how stupid it was to tase a 14 year old girl for being non-compliment. What if the girl would have died. Would you all feel she got what she deserved?

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Maybe I'm too young (since now the doctrine is to just zap someone) but I haven't heard about anyone dying from a baton. It seems like every few months there is a story about someone dying from a tazer.

In all fairness I do not search out either incident, I just see what comes across my news feed.

You are much more likely to injury or kill someone with a blunt force weapon like a baton than a taser. I think the removal of the sap and the blacjack from the lawmans hand took away valuable tools. However times change I guess. The video has obviously been edited so its useless for passing judgement. I will submit this to those of you who have never stood in that mans shoes...im 6'1" 220lbs. I deadlift right at 6 bills. Yesterday I squatted 505 for 8 reps. I can bench press over 400lbs and press my bodyweight. How would you rather me subdue the child? With a taser which shocks her for 5 seconds and then stops or with my hands. Which do you think is more likely to cause her real harm? I got stabbed by a 15 year old so her age is irrelavant as far as im concerned.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I watched the video, seems rather excessive to me. I hope her parents sue the school, the department, and the officer. I hope as a result the department removes tasers from use and the next time two or more of the officers are fighting some grown man who is kicking there ass they relize how stupid it was to tase a 14 year old girl for being non-compliment. What if the girl would have died. Would you all feel she got what she deserved?

If she were 18, would you be so against it? If she were 18 and had died, would it be any less tragic?

The difference between life and death is much greater than 4 years of age-- especially with teens these days.

Her age or her current medical status don't change the fact that she resisted and paid the price for it.

If this were some 10 year old kid, I might admittedly change my tune. It's hard to define the criteria by which I would make this determination, but in this particular case, I don't feel the age of the girl is sufficient grounds to take offense. Everyone's entitled to their opinion on the subject of course, and I respect the sentiments expressed in this thread. As several folks trained in the use of both physical measures and the taser alike have expressed, the shock is less risky than going to hands. In that regard, if her tender age really were a concern, the taser was the better choice.

BUSTER48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Laplace, Louisiana

Mike,
    No comparison between what we see in the video and the scenario you pose. In answer to your question, that’s a big what if. It would be difficult to determine how I would react at that moment. Although I consider myself a fairly even tempered individual completely respectful of the rule of law and those who uphold it, if he were able to taze me before I killed him, then yes, that would be okay. I think for most of us it’s a natural reaction to protect those that you love from harm no matter who may be inflicting that harm, even if it meant giving up your own life or liberty. Now having sat behind a computer screen evoking bravado, the truth is I don't know for certain how I would react and hope to never need to find out.

Top Bottom