Prayers needed/appreciated for infant

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    Glad to hear everything is going good. You'd be surprised at how quickly an infant or small child can rebound from such an intensive surgery. The family and I will continue to keep you and yours in our prayers, and wish a fast and good recovery.

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    UPDATE
    He's in intensive care but stable. He's still on the ventilator and heavily sedated. Everything is as good as it can be right now. Surgeon made the call to suddenly move the surgery up to today because they saw he wasn't improving on the medication. He told me afterwards that we brought him in JUST in time and that he was glad he moved the surgery up because there was very little blood flow.

We won't have all the details about resumed function to organs until later in the week but we are all hopeful. They will likely take him off the sedative tomorrow and see some progress. Hopefully he'll have a speedy recovery. Thanks!

~Xenon

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    UPDATE
    He's in intensive care but stable. He's still on the ventilator and heavily sedated. Everything is as good as it can be right now. Surgeon made the call to suddenly move the surgery up to today because they saw he wasn't improving on the medication. He told me afterwards that we brought him in JUST in time and that he was glad he moved the surgery up because there was very little blood flow.

We won't have all the details about resumed function to organs until later in the week but we are all hopeful. They will likely take him off the sedative tomorrow and see some progress. Hopefully he'll have a speedy recovery. Thanks!

~Xenon

I requested prayer for him last night at the Men's Bible Study I go to and for all the recent babies with medical issues and their parents and grandparents in dealing with the stresses it causes.
    You're not alone! There are people praying for you and your situation so have confidence in that end that you are being covered.

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    He's still improving. They removed the breathing tube today and he's now breathing on his own. He's been very fussy and hard to appease since he cannot eat (and hasn't eaten since Saturday morning). Hemoglobin levels were low, so they did have to give him some blood. And they had to increase the pain meds since he was acting like he was in pain.

Hard to watch some of these things but I feel that getting back to breathing by himself was a major milestone.

~Xenon

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    We're continuing to pray. You have a tough warrior there!!! Remain his rock and continue to be proud of the tough fight your little man is facing.

Doc

girl1911

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Denham Springs Louisiana
    you are truly in my heart and prayers....please donot hesitate to pm me if you need anything at all ....will be more than happy to help if able.... may i ask his name? i know lots of people that have prayer chains and they prayed sooo hard we had an unbelievable 6 amaizing days with my grandson ... we werent suppose to have 1 day.... we will pray for healing for your baby boy....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom