primary arms??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Go with a PA magnifier if you do buy one. Personally, I don't see them to be nessesary. I do have one, but the only time I put it on my rifle is to target shoot at longer distances. Not worth the added weight and bulk IMO.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I agree, go with an aimpoint or eotech. I have had experience with primary arms, And their aimpoint clone was decent on my friends rifle. And I've gone through two of their micro green dots on my ruger 22/45. The first one was defective and on the 4th range trip the dot would disappear and reappear randomly. The second one has lasted me about a year now. And I think it's not holding zero well anymore. I have a burris fast fire on my 22/45 and a Trijicon RMR for my FN tactical now....

But PA customer service was great, when I called on the first optic, they replaced it almost immediately and paid for postage back also.

RedOne451

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2012
    I've stalked the PA website for awhile and never knew they were in Houston close to where I work. I stopped in a few weeks ago and grabbed their Aimpoint clone. I'm gonna test it on a 10/22 and my AR/MSR/EBR.

Great group of guys to talk to and great service.

And in no way am Intimating that "clone" optics are better that the real deal.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    I have used Primary Arms a lot for my rifles. I have the 4x magnifier with flip to side mount, the multi-reticle aimpoint clone, the mini red dot, a drop in quad rail, a flashlight with pressure switch. All of it works great and all of it is Primary Arms brand. None of the equipment has ever failed and as much as I played with the flashlight it's still bright as hell 6+ months later on the same batteries that came with it. In fact all of the stuff still has the factory batteries and I've put a lot of holes in paper with them.

Now I'm just a guy that likes to go to the range. I'm not going to be crawling in the mud clearing houses anytime soon. I don't think there's going to be a zombie apocalypse where I'll need to use any of my rifles for anything other than putting holes in paper. So that's what I budget for and it works great for my needs.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I agree, go with an aimpoint or eotech. I have had experience with primary arms, And their aimpoint clone was decent on my friends rifle. And I've gone through two of their micro green dots on my ruger 22/45. The first one was defective and on the 4th range trip the dot would disappear and reappear randomly. The second one has lasted me about a year now. And I think it's not holding zero well anymore. I have a burris fast fire on my 22/45 and a Trijicon RMR for my FN tactical now....

But PA customer service was great, when I called on the first optic, they replaced it almost immediately and paid for postage back also.

I just picked up a used RMR03 for my 22/45. I'm curious to see if I like it...

JR1572

Top Bottom