Product test: Armored car CEO sits in SUV while shot at with an AK-47

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    DDAAAAAAAAMMNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was puckered just watching!

If any of you have shot in/out and around cars, you will be impressed!

Texas Armoring Corporation (TAC) is a supplier of bulletproof vehicles based out of San Antonio, TX. In its latest video, the company’s CEO Trent Kimball brings product testing to a whole new level as he sits inside one of TAC’s bullet-proof Mercedes-Benz SUV’s while it’s being shot at by an AK-47.

Safe speed? Bulletproof Chevrolet Camaro provides performance and protection

Sharpshooter Lawrence Kosub takes 12 shots in total, with cameras set up outside and – yes – even inside the vehicle. How Kimball doesn’t flinch throughout the whole thing is beyond us.

Do not attempt at home.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The last one to test his ballistic vest by shooting himself in the chest killed himself in Texas when he aimed to high and at an angle and the round struck him above the vest.
    If I remember correctly he used a .357 Magnum revolver in his demo's for LEA's.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    There was another video of him crouching behind his bullet proof windshield a long time ago. But what if they shot through the door?

Tib

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Walker, LA
    I noticed the shooter put some glasses on before he started firing. I'm glad they didn't show anything unsafe in the ad.
    :mamoru:

pangris1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    BR metro area
    I don't get the reason for that type of testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is asking people who are in fear for their lives to spend a couple hundred thousand bucks. A live demo goes a long way.

If I was someone that needed one of these, I'd certainly like to see it in action.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    He is asking people who are in fear for their lives to spend a couple hundred thousand bucks. A live demo goes a long way.

If I was someone that needed one of these, I'd certainly like to see it in action.

It's like saying ammo manufactures should shoot the CEO to show the penetration.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    There was another video of him crouching behind his bullet proof windshield a long time ago. But what if they shot through the door?

That video was a little creepier to watch for sure. I would think the door would offer more protection because they can use armored plate vs bulletproof glass. There are some videos out their of the creation process, on their "higher end" models the car you see is just a carcass of what it once was. They really do an amazing job.

It's like saying ammo manufactures should shoot the CEO to show the penetration.

Exactly the same just polar opposite.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    That's the thing, we know they make nice bullet proof glass, but how about the thin sheet metal cars are made of. I would imagine in a drive by, they would spray all over the car, not just at a window

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I would never expect anyone to risk their life in a demonstration.

I would say he wasn't risking his life more than you would be by flying in a thin aluminum tube attached to two flamethrower air sockets attached to giant gas tanks... Also known as a airplane. Sure, there is an inherent risk in flying, but it's pretty safe. I'm betting that he has enough faith in his product to demonstrate it like that.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I would say he wasn't risking his life more than you would be by flying in a thin aluminum tube attached to two flamethrower air sockets attached to giant gas tanks... Also known as a airplane. Sure, there is an inherent risk in flying, but it's pretty safe. I'm betting that he has enough faith in his product to demonstrate it like that.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

How many times do GM and Ford prove air bags save lives? They still use crash test dummy's and not CEOs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Fortunately, the shooter didn't hit the same spot twice... I'd be worried about repeat hits. I'd also hope the CEO was wearing a rifle plate.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    How many times do GM and Ford prove air bags save lives? They still use crash test dummy's and not CEOs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Still not the same thing. You can compare it to jumping out of a plane and showing the parachute works. Crash test dummies are taking a hard physical impact whether the air bags work or not.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That's the thing, we know they make nice bullet proof glass, but how about the thin sheet metal cars are made of. I would imagine in a drive by, they would spray all over the car, not just at a window

The cabin is totally encapsulated by ballistic steel plates and armored glass. There aren't any spots where you can slide a bullet through unless you puncture the glass with repeated shots. Usually the doors and flooring have a spall liner to keep any fragmentation from entering the cabin. The body will puncture, but the bullet will stop at the ballistic plate unless it is an armor piercing round. Even then it may take multiple shots due to the safety lining behind the plating.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom