Progressive snapshot insurance

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I'll pass on having my insurance company track my driving for a discount. Of course at some point all companies will require it and then the "discount" will be what used to be the regular price.

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    I'll pass on having my insurance company track my driving for a discount. Of course at some point all companies will require it and then the "discount" will be what used to be the regular price.

Not sure about that but I was telling my girlfriend the other day I wouldn't want that in my car no matter how much it saved. I don't think it's selling too well for them anyways.

G

gunguy11

A good friend of mine has it. He saves about 18% every month. Which can add up. I think the tin foil should come off guys. It records speed. General location. Time of travel. Mileage. If I didn't have state farm I would consider switching so I could save.

Aussiecajun

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Maurice LA
    Anyone use it and saved money? Since I bought a bike I don't drive my truck that much so it sounds interesting.

My wife's signed us up for it in the past. We did end up getting some good savings on our insurance. And once the times up and you send them back, your insurance stays at the lower rate if you gained savings.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    **** on them and their tracking. I pay less and get better insurance with who I have now and they gave never let me down, ever.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    You couldn't pay me to have the illusion of coverage that Progressive offers. Ever since one of their clients hit me at a truck stop and they refused to pay anything because "It was on private property" and their client paid me out of pocket (good on him)...screw Progressive. Snapshot? Hell, I know people who pull their OnStar fuses, lol.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Sign up for it right after you renew. If you do not have enough data logged and your policy renews, the time starts all over again upon renewal. Quick stops and driving in high risk driving times hurts the percentage discount. I got the full 30% discount for my truck.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I'd never let them put something like that on my vehicle, but id LOVE to see the looks on their faces when my "data" were to come through. Out on the trails its a max speed of like 5mph, and lots of throttle and braking in 4wd low on the rocks. :dogkeke:

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    Tin foil aside, I will NEVER have any insurance that is not State Farm. I won't go in to the long story, but they have practically paid for themselves over the years. Specific to Progressive, I personally know several people who have been royally screwed over in dealing with them.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I probably won't try it. I'm with geico and I'm happy with them, and I have been in a accident and they took very good care of me.
    In regards to the tin foil, I bet any newish modern vehicle can be easily tracked unless parts are removed.

It was worth talking about though and hopefully other insurance companies will maybe start some kind of program that could help for vehicles that aren't someone's daily driver or for the guys that have jobs like being offshore where their vehicles stay parked half the year.

oldsman350

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Hammond
    I've used the snap shot on my vehicle and I saved 20%. You only keep the snapshot in for a couple of months then you send it back. I'm a truck driver and my tractor trailer has GPS logs so I'm already tracked can't hurt on the personal vehicle.

SigArmed1

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 21, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    I will never knowingly do business with any company associated with Progressive Chairman Peter Lewis. Google him if you want, or care, to see where your money is going.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    My boss had one of those and from what I understand he didn't save anything even after driving like a grandma with it. He sent it back to them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom