Progressive snapshot insurance

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    When I ran an insurance agency bck in the day, Progressive was always the highest cost insurance and I couldn't place many people with it because it was so high. You need a 30% discount just to get the regular rates from other insurers. Maybe they are better now but Flo can shove it in her hole.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Who's cheaper varies by location and timing. It fluctuates. Pick a solid insurance company and stick with them. Insurance shopping is NOT about premium, its about claims service. If your car gets totaled and your insurance company is short changing you on the value of your total or putting you incorrectly at fault then that $100 you saved will not seem important!

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I'm with you. USAA has never treated me wrong and consistently smokes everyone else's price.

I've had USAA since I purchased my first car, a 1962 VW Bug, for $1,700 in late 1961 just before I went in the Army.

Been with them since. Even have the little sticker for 50y members.
    :bigok:

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Every bit of tracking or identification we allow, no matter how seemingly innocuous is a pinhole in the privacy levee. Once the levee is pierced, the hole will enlarge and grow to a point where it cannot be plugged.

bassicpackrat

Dopplebock Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Opelousas,LA 70570
    I will never knowingly do business with any company associated with Progressive Chairman Peter Lewis. Google him if you want, or care, to see where your money is going.
    \
    Exactly!! THIS X 1,000,000!!

Its called "Progressive" with good reason, big time liberal, contributes millions of $$$ to the ACLU and Moveon.org, and want you to 'voluntarily' submit yourself to be spied on by them to monitor your driving...no thanks!!

Last edited:

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Nah, no thanks. :bowrofl:

Tinfoil? I disagree. If I'm keeping my premiums paid on time, that's enough. :todd:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Funny. When it was about the chic-fil-a guy it was A-OK that he donate his money to whatever cause he preferred but if it's a guy donating to the other side...

Well.....yeah! :rofl::rofl:

Call me close minded- but hell yes I'd rather knowingly spend my money with a group headed by people who are pro-gun (for example) as opposed to someone who believes we should all be reduced to Airsoft.

Doesn't everybody????

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Funny. When it was about the chic-fil-a guy it was A-OK that he donate his money to whatever cause he preferred but if it's a guy donating to the other side...

Big difference there chief. No one on here has said anything about putting them out of business. We just choose not to spend our money with them. On the other side, the people against Chik-Fil-A were not happy with just not spending money there. They wanted them to close their doors and not allow them to open stores in certain cities.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport

Chic-Fil-A produces tasty food. Progressive Insurance is ******** and a rip-off and doesn't cover their clients. One of them hit me, I know. Screw that company.

SigArmed1

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 21, 2007
    Prairieville, LA

I don't think it's funny at all actually. The way I see it, one is trying to destroy the Judeo-Christian foundation upon which this country was built, and the other isn't. Pretty clear choice for me.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    USAA seems to be competitive in LA. They base their rates nationally from what I know about them. They are probably loosing money here if I had to guess.
    Again, though, premiums are secondary. Nothing wrong with USAA but judging an insurance company by premium is wrong. That's like saying Bersa (no offense Dave!) is a better gun than HK because they are cheaper.

There's a difference between Acadian tracking their vehicles vs progressive clients. Acadian owns their vehicles, I have no problem with them tracking their own trucks (though it is annoying for the drivers). Progressive (and other companies are starting to follow suit) tracking their clients in exchange for a discount is ok I guess. As long as the discount is actuarially supported and your privacy is protected. And its optional!
    Unfortunately, they are going to track your driving habits and sell the info to marketing companies. They will use it to find propensities to purchase. Advertising is becoming much more targeted.
    Big Brother doesn't need Progressive's data. They can put up an Awacs to find traffic patterns, or put up a drone and track you in rush hour traffic if they want!

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    USAA seems to be competitive in LA. They base their rates nationally from what I know about them. They are probably loosing money here if I had to guess.

No. My premium for our two cars went down by a third when we moved to Kentucky from BR last year. Actually, 40%.

It went up a lot when I moved back to La. from Va. in 1967.

The premiums were low initially because membership was restricted to Armed Forces officers, who, presumably, were better risks than the general public.

When I was in the process of purchasing my first car in 1961, I called my dad's insurance agent. He asked me if I was about to go into the Army and put me on to USAA. Been with them even since.
    :eh:

dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Progressive does not have my car, my motorycycle, or my boat insurance any longer after 15 years of business with them.

It doesn't take much digging at all, but Progressive is a very visible Obama supporter who has donated very large sums of money to the mans campaign.

They are a very left leaning company, and as soon as I found this out, I took my business elsewhere.

Dirty

andy52887

Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Shreveport,LA
    I have one and save 30%.It tracks speed but all it does is record hard brakes ( a stop that drops 7 mph a sec) there is no gps tracking involved.It takes the time of day you drive to see if it is high risk hours or not.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom