PSA Torture Test Video

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rodog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2022
    Metairie
    Suppressed no cleaning just lube and fullauto plus semi. Over 5k rounds plus psa will replace the barrel I hear. Kinda hard to beat for a training rifle or a rifle in general. 99.9 percent of psa owners will not shoot full auto and 90 percent probably dont shoot suppressed. I assume the barrel would of went perhaps double suppressed in semi at least.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Psa will outlast 99.99999% of gun owners… sadly 99.99999% of gun owners will never shoot more than 300 rounds in there edc weapon… and at the most sight in a defense rifle and maybe shoot 500 rounds through it there whole life….. that’s just the way it is… most people shoot the most when they go to qualify for they’re chp… then it gets put back up for the next 5 years

I would dare say the majority of the people on this forum haven’t shot 5000 in there whole life including .22lr :dogkeke: unless they were in the military lol

Rodog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2022
    Metairie
    Psa will outlast 99.99999% of gun owners… sadly 99.99999% of gun owners will never shoot more than 300 rounds in there edc weapon… and at the most sight in a defense rifle and maybe shoot 500 rounds through it there whole life….. that’s just the way it is… most people shoot the most when they go to qualify for they’re chp… then it gets put back up for the next 5 years

I would dare say the majority of the people on this forum haven’t shot 5000 in there whole life including .22lr :dogkeke: unless they were in the military lol
    I have 1200 rounds through my p10c and probably 5k dryfires. The firing pin broke.... bought an aftermarket one the other day to replace it. Hate to see it.

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    I have 1200 rounds through my p10c and probably 5k dryfires. The firing pin broke.... bought an aftermarket one the other day to replace it. Hate to see it.
    I would have no problems with those numbers. Pretty sure the military starts replacing part in thier M4 long befor 5000rds. Barrels, BCGs, gas tubes, mags, buffer springs and buffers, should all be replaced if you shoot your rifle often. Thats the beauty of the AR. AK for example are garbage can guns when start wearing out parts.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Not sure I agree with an ak having irreplaceable parts.. I have put plenty of new barrels in aks. Not as "easy" as an ar, but putting a barrel in an ar is not as straightforward as it may seem, unless the install does not cover any checks or measurements...

I watched the vid, barrel and bcg quality were indicated by the measurements. Certainly not the best, but for 300 bucks I would say it was a good deal, especially since it shot close to MOA.

Mike did say that they ran 3 mags through it, then let it cool to ambient. They repeated that for the 5k rounds. The barrel wore out, the chamber was poorly machined/finished, the bolt was out of spec in places, the carrier was somewhat out of spec as was the upper in at least one place. But still a good deal for 300 bucks.

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    Not sure I agree with an ak having irreplaceable parts.. I have put plenty of new barrels in aks. Not as "easy" as an ar, but putting a barrel in an ar is not as straightforward as it may seem, unless the install does not cover any checks or measurements...

I watched the vid, barrel and bcg quality were indicated by the measurements. Certainly not the best, but for 300 bucks I would say it was a good deal, especially since it shot close to MOA.

Mike did say that they ran 3 mags through it, then let it cool to ambient. They repeated that for the 5k rounds. The barrel wore out, the chamber was poorly machined/finished, the bolt was out of spec in places, the carrier was somewhat out of spec as was the upper in at least one place. But still a good deal for 300 bucks.
    Nope not going there. Lol

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Yeah, that would be me since guns are scary and all.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I watched the video. I believe the outcome wasn't a huge surprise for most people. PSA AR's aren't as good as top tier rifles like
    Knight's Armament but they do have value as an entry level budget rifle.

I watched a torture test video and a Geissele beat out KAC by a good bit. I think the guy was pretty shocked.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    They really shoot the mess out of this rifle. I know this guy is a clown and he has tried to make up for that by cursing more so don’t watch around kids or at work.

I'm just curious as to why he is a clown?
    I don't take the time to watch all his videos, I have watched probably a dozen over the years, and nothing about him, his resume, or his videos leads me to the conclusion that he is a clown.

As far as PSA ARs, they are what they are, and they fill that niche quite nicely. They are not, however, a high quality rifle. Given the price tag, this shouldn't be expected of them.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I'm just curious as to why he is a clown?
    I don't take the time to watch all his videos, I have watched probably a dozen over the years, and nothing about him, his resume, or his videos leads me to the conclusion that he is a clown.

As far as PSA ARs, they are what they are, and they fill that niche quite nicely. They are not, however, a high quality rifle. Given the price tag, this shouldn't be expected of them.
    Mike and Micah are always cracking jokes in videos. Try not to take themselves too seriously all the time

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    Mike and Micah are always cracking jokes in videos. Try not to take themselves too seriously all the time
    While i dont agree with his conclusion about the PSA it was a very informative video. I especially was interested in Asain Rons disection of the BCG

Last edited:

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Why those boys shooting them guns tilted to a 45 degree angle and not even using the back up sights. lol Yes there was very useful info in the video during the teardown, but heck, someone shooting that many rounds thru a gun in a short while without cleaning it or proper maintenance will wear out faster.
    For the record I burned out a barrel in a Kel-Tec SU-16 years ago with 6400 rds thru it with a standard chrome moly barrel, they have since improved the barrels by chrome lining them. It could have lasted longer except my "break in" was a little brutal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom