Question about Body Armor

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    This is just a question at this point. Looking for answers.

I have a Safariland Vest with Point Blank Hi Lite II Kevlar/spectra armor.

The vest was issued in 2004 so technically its expired. It has never been shot at and only worn a time or two. Been stored inside in a footlocker for most of its life.

I am thinking about selling it and was wondering what would be a fair price. The vest has pockets for magazines and other things as well as Velcro in which you can put patches that say police or whatever.

Color is black

Size is X-Large. It has Velcro sides also to tighten or loosen.

Says its good for most any handgun caliber from .22 to .357 and .44 mags.

024a39a9.jpg

5232f43e.jpg

ff0bd800.jpg

again, this is not a sale at this time. I may or may not want to sell it depending on thoughts on price.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    It being 7 years old very few would wear it. Has it been stored in a climate controlled environment?

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    stored and not worn, should be fine. There is newer and better out there but it'll still work better than nothing I bet.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    There's some good info regarding body armor from Bulletproofme dot com. http://www.bulletproofme.com/ . See this- http://www.bulletproofme.com/How_Good_is_Police_Surplus.shtml . Now, is surplus BA desirable? No but when you are a low paid security guard on a budget and it's all you can afford then you get what you can. I work hospital security in BR wearing a old Second Chance vest given to me when I was an auxillary for 7th Ward Marshals doing ridealongs with Hammond PD way back in 1995. Another guard I work with uses a surplus vest given to him by a friend who did drug interdiction work with the Coast Guard. Do we honestly beleive they are a good as new. No but they may be the edge we need to survive an encounter with some of the nuts we may encounter in Midcity.

Top Bottom