Question for LEO's

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    Or anyone in the know...
    It's 8:30 PM, and you have an insatiable craving for some hot, juicy doughnuts.
    Where do you go?
    Just got hungry for some doughnuts, and in Shreveport, there are a couple late evening options.
    What's open around BR?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Winn Dixie, ALbertson's, Wal-Mart, etc.....Buy a can of those raw heat and eat Pilsbury croissants and a box of powdered sugar, fry the dough in hot oil, and sprinkle the sugar on them as soon as you drip the oil off them. Cafe' Du Monde beignets without the fear of dying from an armed scumbag.

However, THEY(the doughnuts) will kill you eventually too!

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    In the Shreveport area, it is a sin to eat any donut other than one from Southern Maid. It is the only product ever endorsed by Elvis so it has to be good.

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    Damn, Emperor, that does sound good.
    Need something quick, and preferably not so deep in the hood...
    May have to succomb to the torture of some krispy kremes @ racetrac. I just figured there'd be more options, that I've managed to somehow miss.
    I guess not.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Damn, Emperor, that does sound good.
    Need something quick, and preferably not so deep in the hood...
    May have to succomb to the torture of some krispy kremes @ racetrac. I just figured there'd be more options, that I've managed to somehow miss.
    I guess not.

Does anyone else ever wonder when they actully bring NEW doughnuts to a convenient store? Every morning the Krispy Kreme doghnut display is filled and no matter what time I am in there I never see a re-supply team?:dunno:

Must be magic doughnuts.

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    In the Shreveport area, it is a sin to eat any donut other than one from Southern Maid. It is the only product ever endorsed by Elvis so it has to be good.
    Amen to that. I liked them best. Especially when I went through the drive through @ krispy kreme, ordered a variety of flavors I wanted, only to hear "we're out of those".
    WTF? Don't yall MAKE doughnuts???
    Screw it, I went across the highway to Southern Maid, got all I wanted and more, for way less $.
    Yea, I'm a Southern Maid man, too...
    Wished we had one near me, right now...

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Does anyone else ever wonder when they actully bring NEW doughnuts to a convenient store? Every morning the Krispy Kreme doghnut display is filled and no matter what time I am in there I never see a re-supply team?:dunno:

Must be magic doughnuts.

Right around 3 am IIRC, I travel a lot due to my job and some of those Gas Stations do operate 24hrs a day not all some of them shut down at midnight and re open at 4 eventhough workers are usually there for 3.

I have seen the re supply team in action and you are not missing much hehe ....... they do look fresh so I must assume they are "ready" to go around midnight from the Bakery and into the little vans.

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    Resorted to the nearest Racetrac...
    They'll do, I reckon...
    IMAG0487.jpg

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    MaryLee's on Florida. Those were/are good dounuts. We used to go down to KrispyKreme in the late 60's early 80's on Plank Road and watch them roll off the conveyor belt. You could eat a dozen just walking back the car. Southern Maid is good here, but you better get them when they are still warm or they end up one huge stuck together lump.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    MaryLee's on Florida. Those were/are good dounuts. We used to go down to KrispyKreme in the late 60's early 80's on Plank Road and watch them roll off the conveyor belt. You could eat a dozen just walking back the car. Southern Maid is good here, but you better get them when they are still warm or they end up one huge stuck together lump.
    Are you talkin about the MaryLee's between Sharp and Monterey???

Top Bottom