R.I.P. Dad.... I love you!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Since you all are like family to me......my father lost his fight with cancer last night in his house at 6:54pm November 16,2011. He was diagnosed this past summer and passed quietly in his sleep while we were all there. He's in a better place now and I will always have him in my heart. I love you,Dad.

Last edited:

Jester

I thought it was funny...
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    New Orleans Area
    I'm sorry for your loss.

I lost my Dad in 2004. I'm glad i had a chance to tell him I loved him and all the other things I felt important to say. My mom died in 2003, so I knew the clock was ticking.

It's hard to lose your Dad. If he fought cancer hard, and it was a struggle to watch, don't be surprised if you feel a sense of relief that he is no longer suffering, followed shortly thereafter by some guilt that you now feel relieved.
    That's a natural thing, and it doesn't mean you loved your dad any less.

If you have to, struggle through the pain to remember the good times. I know some folks who never allow themselves to think about their lost loved ones because it's too painful, and in doing so rob themselves of the good memories too.

Expect a post-funeral emotional crash, or perhaps a post-funeral depression, because from now until the funeral you'll be busy with arrangements, After the funeral, my family and I had a sense of "what now?" because all the work was done nd there was nothing to distract me from the grief.

My family and I will be praying for you and yours.

Mike

Grandpa23

Patrick
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Lafayette LA
    So sorry to hear this, Cujo. Its a wonderful thing that you all were there with him. I lost my dad about 4 years ago and my mom 1 month ago yesterday. Its a rough time for you and your family, but at least you can draw a little comfort knowing he is now resting peacefully. My thoughts and prayers go out to your and yours.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom