Reborn G Kit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I have fired 10's of thousands of 5.56 mostly out of a M4 (the worst part is picking up all that brass) as for as malfunctions they were slim to none, with the malfunction being double feeds. A double feed could take 5-10 minutes to correct now in combat I would bet it could be done very quickly with your adrenalin pumping if you had a leatherman if not you are SOL. Now I think this malfunction had a lot to do with mags though.

Now, I've only put about 100 rounds through an AK both FA and semi and had no issues with it and thought it was pretty accurate considering I didn't zero it. I did think it kicked a hell of a lot more than the AR though it kicks more than my .308 only because my .308 weighs almost 14lbs though.

It has been my experence that the reverse is true.

You do NOT rise to the occasion, Insted you default to the highest level of training you have MASTERED.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    So if a driver of a HMV drives into a kill zone and has never been trained to drive past a certain speed.(When the LMTV came out you weren't allowed to drive past 45mph) He/She won't drive as fast as possible to get away as they had not been that highly trained? I would assume at some point instincts and common sense would kick in over training. What I meant is someone wouldn't be as carefull to remove the rounds from the rifle with bullets flying over their head. Whereas in a garrison environment you take your time and try not to cause any damage to yourself, others or the rifle.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    So if a driver of a HMV drives into a kill zone and has never been trained to drive past a certain speed.(When the LMTV came out you weren't allowed to drive past 45mph) He/She won't drive as fast as possible to get away as they had not been that highly trained? I would assume at some point instincts and common sense would kick in over training. What I meant is someone wouldn't be as carefull to remove the rounds from the rifle with bullets flying over their head. Whereas in a garrison environment you take your time and try not to cause any damage to yourself, others or the rifle.
    In war You throw it down and grab the AK from your dead enemy:rofl:

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Damned shame about .308 ammo being so expensive isn't it? I'd love to do an FAL build, but what's the point? I couldn't afford the ammo to test it. I love that gun.

Yes it is. There are a few I'd like to have but I can't afford all the ammo.
    It's why I built AR's first. I had to pick something. Now I'm picking something else.
    I figure I have enough AR ammo to kill all the Zombies I can find

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly

-Aside from the fact that they drive their car much faster?
    You are comparing a Gross motor skill (STOMPING on the gas)
    To a fine motorskill (Locking the bolt back, dumping the mag, and THEN reaching through that tiny ejection port and wiggling the 2 rounds loose...)

Study's have shown that 'Fingers turn to flippers' under stress.

This is due to our fight or flight instincts. During these times blood leaves out extremidies (Like our fingers) and goes to our larger muscles. to prepair us to ether fight or run away.

Concentrating on your breathing helps to partially aleviate this problem.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    +1

What serious training I have had was taught by a Marine Combat Pistol Instructor. That's how we trained. For example, that is why I "bearpaw" my slide to rack it, rather than "slingshot" it or whatever. The idea is to train now for when you are trying to fight with tunnel vision and exhausted. I do now what I expect to need then, because I do not want to have to figure out a better way in the heat.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Instead of "one" I mean "1".

Can't claim I misplaced a decimal point on "one" I could do ten for less than some guys have into there AR.

But no, really "1". And I'm totally convinced everyone here would talk me out of a 2nd one.

the price is pretty compelling - more so if you have to pass some out or ditch one in let's say the Harvey Canal.

How can anyone make just one? In the past two months I made three AKs. I have taught two others to make their own, and helped them do it. I have trouble sometimes slowing down long enough to refinish the metal and wood of my rifles.

Ton

bang bang
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 19, 2006
    New Orleans
    How can anyone make just one? In the past two months I made three AKs. I have taught two others to make their own, and helped them do it. I have trouble sometimes slowing down long enough to refinish the metal and wood of my rifles.

wow can you take me under your wings?? :D

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Sure. Want to meet out at the range? We can discuss logistics.

I'm tied up this weekend, but if you want to shoot we can get together next weekend at the Stennis buffer zone. I know it sounds weird, but their's a borrow pit out there that we discussed in other threads (Meets and Events), where we can shoot to our hearts' content.

Top Bottom