Reborn G Kit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I've heard good & bad about the AR10's and even some M14 or M1A's
    I shot a .308 (M14) My only dislike was it was not mine. I don't know .308 or .30-06 don't matter much. I do think the 5.56 is underrated. I have spoken with many guys out of the sandbox that had no complaints. One Devil Dog from Georgia explained it like this "Pends whar ya hit um". I actually had some tell me they do not want to go to the M-14 due to weight of ammo. They were involved in the urban situations.

If that was one of us posing with an AK in our underwear the "Trigger Police" would be all 'Finger off the trigger & put some clothes on'

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Did you see the way that Journalist dork jumps when he fires the AR? :rofl: What a gump...

I thought the guy got hit with a case or someting. I saw that video posted some where. The guy is supposed to be disgruntled about some dealing with Stoner or some such thing. I find it funny he is shooting from the hip & then comparing accuracy. I actually think the guy behind the trigger is a big factor & how good the sights on the weapon are. I could load either with randomly mixed loads & get less accurate shooting to make one look bad. It would be interesting to see someone with no bias do some controlled tests. The problem is both videos are skewed. If I'm not shooting full auto I guess it is less critical.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Ok, I have a pictorial comparison for you guys as to what I mean about my impression of the two.

8eqmy2p.jpg

6tf73gg.jpg

:D

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Being we are civilians we can make our own choices - including ammo.
    Guys on forums made a good point on more than 1 occasion. Caliber debates aren't as useful as bullet debates. FMJ vs HP that sort of thing. Every thing has a downside.
    I've seen debates where 1 guy is arguing from a war/battle perspective & the other is arguing from a self defense perspective. 1 thing I like about the AK SKS is definitely the price.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    for many folks AR=goodguy AK=badguy. at least in the US

at least I can use existing .30 cal or a .22 cleaning rod/brush/jag since I already have them.

I'm goin to give the AK a try.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I have fired 10's of thousands of 5.56 mostly out of a M4 (the worst part is picking up all that brass) as for as malfunctions they were slim to none, with the malfunction being double feeds. A double feed could take 5-10 minutes to correct now in combat I would bet it could be done very quickly with your adrenalin pumping if you had a leatherman if not you are SOL. Now I think this malfunction had a lot to do with mags though.

Now, I've only put about 100 rounds through an AK both FA and semi and had no issues with it and thought it was pretty accurate considering I didn't zero it. I did think it kicked a hell of a lot more than the AR though it kicks more than my .308 only because my .308 weighs almost 14lbs though.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    LIAR !!! you know that is not possible. Just one.........silly rabbit:)

Instead of "one" I mean "1".

Can't claim I misplaced a decimal point on "one" I could do ten for less than some guys have into there AR.

But no, really "1". And I'm totally convinced everyone here would talk me out of a 2nd one.

the price is pretty compelling - more so if you have to pass some out or ditch one in let's say the Harvey Canal.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Damned shame about .308 ammo being so expensive isn't it? I'd love to do an FAL build, but what's the point? I couldn't afford the ammo to test it. I love that gun.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Damned shame about .308 ammo being so expensive isn't it? I'd love to do an FAL build, but what's the point? I couldn't afford the ammo to test it. I love that gun.

That's why I'm not jumping on the .308 bandwagon. Plus I'm kinda surrounded by .30-06 folks so that is easier to interface with. I tend to like war rifles - I think seeing pics of them actually being used adds to the allure. They are so purposeful. They tend to be heavy though! If you can stick a bayo, sling & big mag on it I'll look at it.

Top Bottom