Recommendations for FFL dealer in NOLA area to ship pistol I sold.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M_Lee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2021
    Metairie, LA
    I just recently made a sale agreement for a pistol sale and now I need to do the FFL to FFL dealer ship. I have never done that before. Can anyone recommend a local FFL dealer in the NOLA area that would do that for me? One of the gun shops, maybe? I live in Metairie. I do understand there will be a fee.
    Thanks.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    I've been using Big Easy Gun Works ( bigeasygunworks@yahoo.com ) on the Service Rd close to Cleary for a few years now. Every gun has been transferred to me the same day, or day after, he's received it.

Kenny at Meplat is a really nice guy, but when I called to schedule my last transfer there, my appointment was almost two weeks later. I realize that's not his only job, maybe I'm just a little impatient.

M_Lee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2021
    Metairie, LA
    I've been using Big Easy Gun Works ( bigeasygunworks@yahoo.com ) on the Service Rd close to Cleary for a few years now. Every gun has been transferred to me the same day, or day after, he's received it.

Kenny at Meplat is a really nice guy, but when I called to schedule my last transfer there, my appointment was almost two weeks later. I realize that's not his only job, maybe I'm just a little impatient.
    Thanks.
    What's the average fee I will pay to have the firearm, a pistol, sent to another FFL dealer?

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana

I think its because of their Covid protocols. They are trying to do the right thing and keep people seperate, hence the appointment based windows. If not it would be 20 people in there in a small area.

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    For future reference you can mail firearms directly to the receiving FFL via USPS - if your local post office aren’t lazy. They’ll just need you to show them it’s empty then lock the case in their presence, and show them something indicating where you’re mailing it is an FFL. I’ve first class shipped a few pistols like that over the years. Just gotta mail the keys separately! Typically I’ve build postage and locks into the shipping cost - usually a decent lock or two is under ten bucks, and they come with two keys. Mailed the FFL one of the keys with the buyer’s name, and lock the other ones in the case with the pistol (or mailed them directly to the buyer the next day, if they elected that instead).

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    For future reference you can mail firearms directly to the receiving FFL via USPS - if your local post office aren’t lazy. They’ll just need you to show them it’s empty then lock the case in their presence, and show them something indicating where you’re mailing it is an FFL. I’ve first class shipped a few pistols like that over the years. Just gotta mail the keys separately! Typically I’ve build postage and locks into the shipping cost - usually a decent lock or two is under ten bucks, and they come with two keys. Mailed the FFL one of the keys with the buyer’s name, and lock the other ones in the case with the pistol (or mailed them directly to the buyer the next day, if they elected that instead).
    For your future reference, it is illegal to mail a handgun thru USPS except from FFL to FFL.

Before you put stuff like this out, for people to believe, do a little research.

Form PS1508 is the requisite form to mail a handgun thru USPS and its FFL to FFL.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom