Red Jacket Firearms Birthday Bash 2012!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • laduckkiller

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Zachary, LA
    Awesome - can't wait. Email sent.
    Been hoping to hear the announcement - definitely one of the most fun things I get to do all year!
    Thanks WIll and the Red Jacket crew - I know it's a lot of work.

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    I would like to add that there is a HUGE shutdown at Grand Gulf Nuclear Power Plant at the moment... Why does this matter? All the good/cheap hotel rooms in Natchez are taken up so you better call before you come down.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    Email sent. Wife will not be attending due to compatibility issues with South Louisiana Outdoors in the summer. Another family member will be attending instead. Thanks to y'all for putting this on!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    I would like to add that there is a HUGE shutdown at Grand Gulf Nuclear Power Plant at the moment... Why does this matter? All the good/cheap hotel rooms in Natchez are taken up so you better call before you come down.

They do have a small hotel and some trailers for rent in woodville as soon as you come into town on 61 right next to illusions. Anyone that hunts the area knows where I mean lol

sent from my EVO using tapatalk

bassicpackrat

Dopplebock Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Opelousas,LA 70570
    Has the admission cost ($$$) been determined yet? Will the admission get me and a guest in, or is it going to be each paying said $$?Also Will or Charlie, is it okay to bring our own ammo to shoot in your guns or must we buy your ammo from you to shoot in your gun? I ask only because I know some places and ranges are picky about this and dont like shooting anyone elses ammo in their guns,so please let us know.

Last edited:

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Has the admission cost ($$$) been determined yet? Will the admission get me and a guest in, or is it going to be each paying said $$?Also Will or Charlie, is it okay to bring our own ammo to shoot in your guns or must we buy your ammo from you to shoot in your gun? I ask only because I know some places and ranges are picky about this and dont like shooting anyone elses ammo in their guns,so please let us know.

Ammo was no problem last year, I brought my own .22LR and 12ga and fired it in their stuffs with RO's standing there talking to me.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    We are bringing some belts of .50 BMG, and LOTS of 7.62X39, .223 and 9mm. Like someone had posted earlier, nothing that we bring will be nearly as cool as what is there on the tables, so just bring ammo and mags.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I think the rule before was no steel case ammo in anything but the aks.
    I brought a few of my toys and didn't even get them out of the truck. I promise your toys are not nearly as cOol as Will's!!!!
    To put it in perspective, I have always loved the little double 1022 gatlings and as awesome as it was to play with that, I got bored quick and went to the big stuff!

Last edited:

Saker

"Send It"
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    Hey guys.. its Charlie here. Its that time again. The first weekend in June, in Woodville, we will be hosting the Red Jacket Firearms Birthday bash. Please send an email to bash@redjacketfirearms.com with the names of who will be attending with you.

There will be a few rules as well:

You can NOT have a loaded gun off the firing line. No CCW , nothing . You can NOT have beer or any other alcoholic beverage . You must be over 18 years of age . Rude behavior of any kind will simply not be tolerated . You will be required to help with clean up after the shoot.

We are planning to have ammo for sale there, as well as working on upgrading the food and drink stands.

Now , " Who's invited ?" If you're reading this , then you are . please send an email to bash@redjacketfirearms.com and request your invitation .
    Copy and paste this into the email that you send us, please, for each person that you are inviting, and then fill it out:
    FULL NAME:
    ADDRESS:
    PHONE:
    USERNAME:
    FORUM:
    EMAIL:

We'll send you your invitation , which will have all info ,maps and meet spots.
    There will be a 'cover charge' this year, however, we have not decided how much as of yet, and are working to keep it down.
    As a side note.. there is a HUGE bowling congress here in Baton Rouge for the next few months. Call and reserve your hotel rooms soon. Woodville is a little bit north of Baton Rouge, about an hour. Another option for hotels would be Natchez.

See you soon. We hope to make this a bigger and better party than ever before.

.:: BUMP ::. For Red Jacket Firearms Birthday Bash 2012!!

Last edited:

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Ammo was no problem last year, I brought my own .22LR and 12ga and fired it in their stuffs with RO's standing there talking to me.

Is it alright to bring the cheap stuff? Bulk .22 and the cases of birdshot they sell at walmart dirt cheap?

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Is it alright to bring the cheap stuff? Bulk .22 and the cases of birdshot they sell at walmart dirt cheap?

12ga is going to have to be high brass, it cycles much better. Last year I made some low brass AA's cycle alright, but it was a much cooler experience with high brass.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    sending an email soon.

I hope the Desert eagle/92fs hybrid is there, what kind of ammo should i bring for it to shoot? 9x19 and 50AE? :silly:

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    you can bring it but I doubt it'll cycle . For the SBS's S-12's , bring 1 1/4 oz shot . Only rule we have is no steel case ammo in my M16's/AR's . Thats all .

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    The one thing about last year is that we did not have near enough things to shoot at :D. The cars were great but they were off to one side and the targets to the left started to fall apart after about an hour. Is there any way we can get some type of steel gongs or plates to shoot at? Probably a stretch I know but thought I would ask.

Top Bottom