Remington Recall

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Has anyone sent their Model 700 back for the trigger recall? Just wondering about how long it took to get it back.

I was going to. When I seen the crumpled up box and with only one side having foam and that was broken in two pieces I said f**k it I'm not trusting my firearm to be mailed in that **** poor excuse for a box they sent me.

I'll just do as others have suggested and buy a new after market trigger.

I've been looking at the 510 timney trigger. I looked into the Calvin elite as well and for what little I use the rifle I think the 510 should do fine.

Last edited:

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    I added extra packing material "newspaper". But they sent it back in that same packing with no filler. Really pissed me off! I'll be calling Remington to complain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Gunfighter

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Other than having received the UPS notification that my rifle arrived at Remington I hadn't heard anything back till yesterday. After sending 2 emails and getting no reply, I called them to inquire the status. I shipped it to them on June 11th, they received it on June 17th. The girl I spoke with in customer service said they had received it on the 17th but didn't log it in till the 24th. She then told me the turn around time was 12 weeks from the date they logged it in. Absolutely ridiculous! I was originally informed prior to shipping that it only took about 3 weeks turn around. So now the rifle won't be back to me till mid September. Had I known this prior to shipping I would have taken it to a local gunsmith and replaced the trigger all together. This is the last Remington product I will ever purchase. Not due to the quality of their firearms but simply due to their customer support.

Gunfighter

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Surprise Surprise. Wasn't expecting my rifle back till September but got a notification it was on it's way and sure enough it arrived last Friday. Shipped it to Remington June 10th and got it back July 25th. Now I have to re-mount and re-zero the scope.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedactedUsername
    Top Bottom