Reputable Dog Breeders

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    Thanks kajuntriton, my boy is happy as can be. All the way home he kept saying; "that man told me to take care of her and that she'll take care of me too".

Last edited:

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    parallel, Wife and I were both very happy to see your son's face and to know he was so happy! Isaiah is a beautiful son! Tell him to send pics from time to time....
    I hope you were able to get any sleep at all last night!
    ;)
    KT

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    I know a lady that breeds french bulldogs, she just had a litter a month ago or so and she has some older puppies. She deals with the dog shows and breeds top quality dogs.

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    parallel, Wife and I were both very happy to see your son's face and to know he was so happy! Isaiah is a beautiful son! Tell him to send pics from time to time....
    I hope you were able to get any sleep at all last night!
    ;)
    KT
    Thanks. We''l definitely send pics, I always take copious amounts of them. We slept fine. I am a night owl, so I took her outside every two hours until four this morning, then my wife took her out again at six. She has yet to have an accident in the house, but, that possibility is why I removed all of the carpet and installed hardwood look porceian tile when I bought this house, easy cleanup, so it's all good. Once she discovered my wife's shoes (which I suspect smell like her sister) she was fine. All three of us have forgotten the brand of food you had told us she was used to. I'll call you this morning to get it again and THIS time I'll write it down.

Pics? what did you get?

We got a Rottweiler mix puppy that can be seen here.

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Petsmart on Saturdays usually have shelters come in with several dogs for adoption. Some very nice dogs there usually.

Edit; not sure if all PetSmarts do this but the one in Slidell does.

The one in Alexandria allows people to come sit on the corner of their property on Saturdays with free puppy signs and so forth. It's set up exactly like some kids getting rid of puppies at Wal-Mart out of a cardboard box. Questionable practices at least in appearance at best.

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    Questionable practices at least in appearance at best.
    What's questionable about it? It seems to me I'd rather have an outlet for people finding homes for these pets than for them to be allowed to roam or be summarily killed.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I believe it encourages indiscriminate breeding, people looking to make a quick buck from selling something the buyer has no idea where it came from, what it's parentage is, etc. That's the problem I have with the sellers. Now the non-sellers....

Now, there's NOTHING wrong with you getting a dog from KT or that it's a mixed breed. That's not what I meant, but I don't... There's something not kosher with a kennel selling their dogs out of small metal crates or rubbermaid boxes at the corner of a PetsMart. Or even giving them away off the side of the road. These people have NO idea where the puppy is going. There's no effort of any sort towards concern about the puppy on both sides. This isn't just an occasional weekend, it's every single Saturday we drive by there.

I am 100% convinced it's not our local shelter doing it because A) when there is a puppy adoption day organized and promoted by PetsMart, it's mentioned on the calender and AFAIK it's inside. They don't let the puppies roast in the sun next to a major thru-fare. And they are literally feet from one of the busiest routes in town. Secondly the shelter usually promotes where they'll be. And they haven't to my knowledge, made any effort to say "hey, we're at petsmart today".

The only time I know of that they have a Park Day, is during Mardi Gras and they return to our zoo for an outside adoption day. That's early in the year without the heat temps.

Nothing wrong with finding an outlet to rehome puppies. I just don't like the set up that seems to be going on at our local Alexandria PetsMart.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom