Restoration of my right to possess firearms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2015
    LA
    I'm trying to find out if my right to possess a firearm had been restored. I received a first offender pardon for unauthorized use of an access card back in 1994 after serving 3 yrs probation. I have not had any felonies since then. Being that I was pardoned, does this make me eligible under 18 U.S.C. §§ 921(a)(20)? I know that the first offender pardon didn't restore my right to immediately possess a gun, but Louisiana R.S. 14:95 states that after 10 yrs without a felony, my right to possess a firearm is restored. I'm just trying to be clear on my rights.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I'm trying to find out if my right to possess a firearm had been restored. I received a first offender pardon for unauthorized use of an access card back in 1994 after serving 3 yrs probation. I have not had any felonies since then. Being that I was pardoned, does this make me eligible under 18 U.S.C. §§ 921(a)(20)? I know that the first offender pardon didn't restore my right to immediately possess a gun, but Louisiana R.S. 14:95 states that after 10 yrs without a felony, my right to possess a firearm is restored. I'm just trying to be clear on my rights.

I'm curious, who's card did you steal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nathan Hale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Louisiana
    Please do a thorough search. This topic is well covered and any and all questions have been answered.
    In short, you are restricted under state law from obtaining a concealed handgun permit, thus you are a prohibited person under the GCA '68.
    A state restriction= federal "prohibited person".

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2015
    LA
    After reading through the link posted above and also talking to the ATF, even though my state rights are restored I'm still federally prohibited due to the CCW restriction. The guy at the ATF agreed that it is a really screwed up situation and that thousands of Louisiana citizens are affected by it. Only hope is that Louisiana Revised Statute 40:1379.3(C) (10) is somehow changed. Isn't this statute in direct conflict withRS 14:95.1(C)? Guess I'll start working on my gubernatorial pardon. Good luck with that, huh?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    After reading through the link posted above and also talking to the ATF, even though my state rights are restored I'm still federally prohibited due to the CCW restriction. The guy at the ATF agreed that it is a really screwed up situation and that thousands of Louisiana citizens are affected by it. Only hope is that Louisiana Revised Statute 40:1379.3(C) (10) is somehow changed. Isn't this statute in direct conflict withRS 14:95.1(C)? Guess I'll start working on my gubernatorial pardon. Good luck with that, huh?

So you aren't going to answer questions just ask them?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    The details of my stupidity when I was 20 yrs old are of no value or importance to you as far as I'm concerned.

I was just trying to figure out if you deserved any rights restored. Apparently you do not according to the law. I guess you are right, it doesn't add value.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2015
    LA
    I was just trying to figure out if you deserved any rights restored. Apparently you do not according to the law. I guess you are right, it doesn't add value.

It's not up to you to figure out if I deserve my rights restored. Louisiana law says that they are restored. The federal govt is refusing rights legally restored by the state on the basis of the state denying my privileges of having a CCW permit. I have no problem with not being able to get a CCW, but I think I deserve and have had my rights to hunt with a firearm and to protect myself & my family restored.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

I guess deserved was a bad choice of words. Replace it with qualify if you like.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    It's not up to you to figure out if I deserve my rights restored. Louisiana law says that they are restored. The federal govt is refusing rights legally restored by the state on the basis of the state denying my privileges of having a CCW permit. I have no problem with not being able to get a CCW, but I think I deserve and have had my rights to hunt with a firearm and to protect myself & my family restored.

As far as you thinking you deserve your rights restored in order to hunt etc, I would like to see the victims of your crime have some say so. Based on your reluctance to provide any information I can only assume that you were convicted for a very good reason.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    And i would like to see the site weed out convicted felons on this site, they obviously can not provide any shooting insight if they are banned from possessing firearms.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2015
    LA
    As far as you thinking you deserve your rights restored in order to hunt etc, I would like to see the victims of your crime have some say so. Based on your reluctance to provide any information I can only assume that you were convicted for a very good reason.

You know what my crime was. I was convicted because I admitted to it. I made restitution too the victim, paid my fines, served my 3 yrs probation and received my 1st offender pardon that restored my right. I still had to wait 10 yrs for my right to bear arms restored and am now 21 yrs beyond my pardon. Why do you feel the need to know who the victim was? Would you also like to know my name? Is it just because you are a LEO or is it because of your "holier than thou" attitude?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom